Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
At our Broomfield, CO site we manufacture fabrics for the Hunter Douglas Luxury shades and we also fabricate/ build the shades at this site. Our Process Engineering team supports the fabrication and manufacturing processes by ensuring safety, efficiency, and innovation for our production personnel, as well as working closely with product engineers to create processes that will continue to enhance the Hunter Douglas product line offerings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an eye for human-centered design and safety
- Works well in a collaborative environment with a customer service mindset
- Willing to continually learn and try new things
- Works closely with Product Management and Product Engineering teams in the development of new products and product enhancements.
- Strong understanding in web handling, fabric flow and web tensioning through equipment.
- Creates and maintains process setup sheets, preventative maintenance documents and troubleshooting guides.
- Excellent at troubleshooting and working to quickly remedy downtime issues to get machines back into operation.
- Collaborates closely with Operations department leadership and floor personnel in their assigned product work area to identify opportunities for improvements in safety, quality, productivity and costs savings. Collects and analyzes data to quantify opportunities.
- Uses Siemens NX CAD software to design equipment, machine upgrades and tools. Designs, builds and tests prototypes. Independently researches solutions to design & process challenges.
- Good process, project and design documentation skills.
- Effectively manages multiple projects and tasks. Utilizes project management tools (project plans, timelines, resource requirements, regular communication & status update meetings, etc..).
- Designs production equipment, support equipment and tools utilizing computer-aided design software.
Acceptable Training and Experience: Must possess a technical degree and have several years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Qualifications and KSA’s:
Solid knowledge of Geometric tolerancing (GD&T).
Solid knowledge of general machinery: motors, drive systems, tension control systems, and pneumatics, unwind / rewind systems, actuators, heating / cooling systems, etc.
Solid knowledge of project management from a conceptual design phase to implementation.
Solid knowledge in developing project plans, including: task lists, timelines, resource requirements & budgets.
Solid knowledge in communicating in both written and verbal form with other Engineers, suppliers and representatives of other departments
Basic knowledge of the design systems and capabilities of PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controls) and principals of automation.
Desired knowledge of web handling production equipment used in the paper, fabric, film and printing industry.
Desired knowledge of the physical properties of fabrics and compositional changes that occur during the manufacturing process.
Desired knowledge of external (OSHA, NFPA, ANSI & ISO) machine safety standards.
Desired knowledge of the principles of electrical wiring to be used on production equipment.
Skill with basic hand tools. Basic machining skills (saws, drills / drill press, mills & lathes).
Skill to utilize CAD software to design mechanical parts & systems (up to complete complex machine assemblies).
Ability to build prototypes and complex mechanical systems.
Ability to gather and analyze data to determine cause & effect relationships.
Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and schematics.
Ability to diagnose & troubleshoot machinery issues.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!