Principal Software Engineer (Mobile Applications)
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
(DEVELOPER, MOBILE APPLICATION)
Architect, develop and deploy the Hunter Douglas motorized window coverings suite of PowerView mobile apps. Using best practices and patterns for Software Engineering in iOS and Android. Deliver to a worldwide user base of consumers, professional installers and display galleries a top tier mobile app experience for Smart Home motorized window coverings that seamlessly integrates with cloud, IoT and 3rd party platforms. Deliver optimized performance, easy configuration, reliability, and expert technical support. Be a leader in the fastest growing business unit at Hunter Douglas with huge upside potential.
This position allows you a chance to be in a foundational role where you will largely influence the direction of and have an immediate impact on the business.
This position is leading a team of highly skilled mobile app developers creating industry-leading mobile apps for motorized, connected, automated, shading products and accessories for Hunter Douglas.
If you want to make a difference right away and be a part of a fast-paced and growing organization, then we would love to talk to you.
Flexible hybrid remote-office working environment
To view a video about the Hunter Douglas PowerView® product click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxfD7b36EM
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of iOS and Android PowerView mobile app development using both in-house and contract resources.
- Own all phases of Software Development: design, architecture, development, deployment, maintenance, training and support.
- Work with design to implement an intuitive and robust UX to insure a reliable and repeatable home setup, home automation integration and window covering operation process that is highly available.
- Work with IT and others to establish and maintain essential elements for DevOps.
- Generate and implement strategic plans for the Mobile Application(s) development and feature road map.
- Track and provide quality metrics for both development processes and for in-field quality issue(s).
QUALIFICATIONS AND KSA’S FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with development and delivery into app stores required.
- 7+ years job experience in an area related to mobile app development required.
- Expert knowledge of iOS and Android
- Expert knowledge of Firebase / GCP development and data storage solutions
- Expert knowledge of REST and BLE
- Proven Ability to deliver apps using reusable, testable and efficient code
- Familiarity with AppCenter, GitLab or equivalent
- Familiarity with Smart Home platforms such as Alexa, Google Home and Apple HomeKit
- Familiarity with embedded Linux
- Solid Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Solid Knowledge of Git version control
HUNTER DOUGLAS BENEFITS:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 6 weeks paid parental leave, 40 hours family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Anticipated pay range for this role depending on experience- $144,000 - $185,000 with an annual discretionary bonus.
Changeability: Management of Hunter Douglas, Inc. – Window Fashions Division reserves the right to modify, change, or eliminate this job description at any time, with or without notice.