Area Sales Representative
Custom Brands Group, a division of Hunter Douglas, provides custom window treatments to businesses large and small. From pre-order solutions to after the sale service, our business can be a bit complicated and we’re looking for exceptional, service-minded individuals who love to make people’s lives easier. We know we’re winning when our products become our customers “go to” solution and our Customer Service team prides itself on helping our organization fulfill this goal.
Purpose and Scope
To enhance the Custom Brands Group organizational success by soliciting, selling, training and supporting our customers in a professional, enthusiastic, effective and profitable manner in the San Francisco area and neighboring cities.
- Achieve sales plan by finding & developing new business, searching out all possible channels of distribution for the Custom Brands Group products, and maintaining acceptable relations with existing accounts using marketing and sales tools offered by the company.
- Service existing accounts by:
- Continually updating and selling CBG products and services.
- Training customers on CBG products and selling techniques.
- Striving to increase and expand sales.
- Handling customer complaints with tact and understanding, striving to maintain customer loyalty and friendship.
- Keep accurate up-to-date records and submit required work plans, weekly sales reports and expense reports on a timely basis. Attend sales meetings and seminars as requested.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ activities and report all significant developments to your Zone Manager.
- The position requires extensive customer contact and frequent contact with CBG employees.
Educational & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred. Window treatment industry experience and product knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory.
A valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required. The position will require overnight travel potentially within your territory and also for meetings and conventions. The position also requires an individual who can lift and carry sample books (up to 20 lbs) and also put up and maintain displays of window treatment products. Additionally, Area Sales Managers assume the full responsibility for the proper maintenance and use of all company equipment and materials.
*This job description is intended as a guide. It does not include descriptions of all possible work functions relating to the position.