Senior Technical Manager (Contract)
About The Position:
This is a temporary position for a Senior Technical Manager/Lead who will be responsible for the migration of hunterdouglas.com to a cloud-based headless CMS. While the migration will be the core deliverable, the role will also include reviewing/defining technical specifications, architecture and networking plans, and participate in coding, security, scalability and infrastructure activities.
This role requires the skills and experience to work with third-party APIs and capabilities, map out integration plans and evaluate AND implement sustainable technology options. While technical in mindset, the candidate will also be required to apply customer-centric, business-focused thinking to the task at hand. Working in collaboration with design and content teams, he or she will drive a lean and agile development process, ensuring the seamless delivery of a product vision that fits the needs of our consumers.
- Uncover and understand technical needs and translate them into requirements
- Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Assess and address technical risks
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms and automated systems
- Coordinate quality and user acceptance testing
- Oversee development, product releases and engineering tasks
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and repair technical issues
- Provide internal training on how to utilize implemented systems for managing content
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Facilitate creation and maintenance of proper product documentation
- Understand, research and follow technical trends in the industry and in general
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, quality assurance, operations and third parties
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline
- 7+ years experience in a technical web-operations role
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with back-end and hosting knowledge
- Proven technical skills in mobile and website systems; security principles; programming languages; and scripting
- In-depth team supervision and development experience
- Detail-oriented and self-starter personality
- Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
- Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- Proven history of managing multiple product efforts simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple work requests
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact with all levels of end users and constituents
- Comfortable summarizing and presenting technical strategy and results to senior management
About Hunter Douglas:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture – all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in home furnishings and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our 100-year history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company, and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.
At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.