Six Sigma Black Belt
Six Sigma Black Belt
In this very new Lead Six Sigma role you will be responsible for improvement projects, and to help shape and lead the Hunter Douglas Six Sigma process. Lead, motivate, and influence project teams. You will also have the leadership ability to help implement the Hunter Douglas Six Sigma vision. If you are someone that is comfortable with managing and driving change, this is the position for you. Our Black Belts must be clear and effective communicators to succeed in their roles as Six Sigma leaders, mentors, coaches and trainers. Your other responsibilities include training, coaching, and guidance of project work for belts at all levels.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. (These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Lead high impact Six Sigma/Quality Improvement projects
- Mentor Green Belts/Coaching of business leaders
- Apply Six Sigma tools and techniques to customer issues, design and manufacturing processes
- Data analysis and translation of data/statistics into tangible business decisions using data modeling and statistical analysis tools and methods
- Analyzes and identify process improvement opportunities and partner with key stakeholders to scope and ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Must be adept at scoping problems, applying statistical techniques, and leading individuals through the obstacles of process improvement
- Trains, coaches, and mentors all employees, to include Green Belts.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated, and benefits are validated.
- Provides expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
- Deliver Improvement projects with positive gain
- Manage a portfolio of improvement projects, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained, and benefits are realized.
Acceptable Training and Experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics or Business (preferably in quantitative field. (BA/BS/MS) or equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 5 + years in a quantitative role – Engineering, Process Re-engineering, Quality Assurance).
- 5 or more years of Six Sigma experience leading various projects of significant value, length and complexity in a design and manufacturing organization. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KSA’S FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to use DFSS training/tools and system knowledge
- Solid leadership and problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid communication /interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate high energy Level/team player
- Expert ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization
- Solid knowledge with Lean Six Sigma tools, such statistics, SPC, hypothesis testing, regression, root cause analysis, etc.
- Solid ability with process, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand workflow and throughput in the operation
- Ability in training of belts, with strong facilitation skills
- Ability in mentoring/coaching of belts conducting improvement projects
For knowledge statements, according to The Uniform Selection Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic General familiarity; aware of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Understanding of most functions, operations or activities. Includes a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert Able to apply general principles and specific details. Understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities. Includes full comprehension of applicable theory.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES:
The Window Fashions Division Individual Contributor Competencies are abbreviated in this job description; refer to Individual Contributor Performance Appraisal to view the full version. An Individual Contributor at Hunter Douglas Window Fashions, Inc. displays these characteristics:
Achievement Focused – Focuses on what is important and demonstrates a sense of urgency, successfully managing multiple priorities.
Project and Task Management – Plans and implements projects or tasks with well-defined objectives and outcomes.
Continuous Learning Mindset – Demonstrates a commitment for learning new skills and proactively strengthens current knowledge and skills.
Critical Thinking – Anticipates events and potential problems before they arise.
Decision Making – Initiates actionable and practical solutions when faced with challenges.
Communication – Communicates in a tone and matter that demonstrates respect; and responds effectively to the views and opinions of others.
Interpersonal Skills – Engenders a positive climate through the use of optimism, integrity and sincerity.
Resilience/Adaptability – Maintains an optimistic outlook, responding constructively when presented with change.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of their own profession and essential functions of the job.
Collaboration/Teamwork – Actively involves others in decision-making, planning, and problem-solving when appropriate.
- Will frequently stand when assisting in, and/or conducting quality audits in the production area.
- Will frequently walk to and from, the various building located at the facility site.
- Will frequently use hands while keyboarding and writing.
- Will frequently sit while accessing computer, talking on the telephone, and while attending meetings.
- Will occasionally twist upper torso and waist while assisting in and/or conducting quality audits in the production area.
Constantly uses sight in performance of daily duties.
Constantly uses hearing in performance of daily job duties.
Office and factory shop-floor, Flexible in office work hours. Some work from home availability.
Changeability:Management of Hunter Douglas, Inc. – Window Fashions Division reserves the right to modify, change, or eliminate this job description at any time, with or without notice.
$100,000 - $120,000 + 10% Discretionary Bonus.