Quality Assurance Technician
HunterDouglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, paid vacation, earned PTO, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
This position is responsible to safely and efficiently verify, test, and analyze products that meet customer specifications in accordance with established quality policies and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must keep work area clean, neat and free of clutter, must be able to organize work efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
- A High School degree or GED required
- 2-year degree in a technical field a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of laboratory QC experience is needed
- Must possess the ability to read, compare and interpret part prints (blue prints).
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications. Computer skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Performs product/part layout using manual and automated equipment and can summarize findings.
- Needs to understand and utilize dimensional tolerancing calculations as it relates to product and part print characteristics.
- Create and develop part layout programs using existing software for manual or automated instruments.
- Perform and approve color check/verification. Both automated and visual comparison. Able to differentiate between color, shades, and brightness.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains quality records and materials in an orderly manner.
- Audits all production for non-conformance in accordance with production inspection criteria.
- Assists with training of employees in the proper use of inspection equipment.
- Oversees and conducts the inspection of incoming materials used in manufacturing and assembly.
- Assists in the development of quality criteria and test plans for quality assurance testing.
- Maintains inspection tools and equipment needed for quality checks.
- Supports product investigations and problem solving activities.
- Directly involved in assisting in the calibration of precision instruments used in quality assurance and production departments.
- Perform floor inspections and supporting test.
- Verify and approve product for production.
- Perform functional, destructive and assembly tests of related or mating components.
- Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities.
Candidates are responsible for taking an active role in plant-wide safety activities, have a solid work history, strong work ethic, and be accommodating to shift work. A high school diploma or GED is required, and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys is also desired.
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer