Head of Human Resources
**Position reports to Cerritos, CA office twice a week**
Business is people. Our most valuable resource. Our people are the most important resource in our company. We believe that hiring the right people is critical to creating a successful, supportive workplace. Custom Brands Group (CBG) began in 1976 as a mini blinds company located in downtown Los Angeles. Now a Hunter Douglas company, CBG is an industry leader in creating products that exceed customer expectations and drive customer success. At CBG, we’ve cultivated the best of both worlds: the horsepower of a multinational company, combined with the nimble, dynamic approach of a small business. As our company continues consistent and significant year-over-year growth, there are more opportunities than ever. There has never been a more exciting time to join the CBG team and looking for a Head of Human Resources to continue to grow our people center culture.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Custom Brands Group Human Resources leader will drive a broad range of human resources strategies in support of business objectives and divisional HR initiatives. This position requires a results-oriented HR Business Partner with a strong bias for action, an ability to rapidly earn credibility as a business partner, coach, and confidant for business leaders, and the ability to influence and steer positive people related outcomes in a matrixed organization. Must have expert knowledge of employment laws and regulations, with strong business acumen and experience collaborating with Executive level management in a fast paced transformational environment. Demonstrated ability to positively drive organizational change is key to success.
REPORTS TO: President of Custom Brands Group, dotted line to A&A HR Leader
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides HR leadership for the President of the division and senior leadership team as well as the Head of Product Management and Core PMD team in addition to Cerritos HQ.
- Partners with other parts of the HR organization (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, etc) to ensure end to end HR service delivery to CBG leaders, employees, and candidates.
- Facilitates positive employee relations by being a trusted liaison for all employees and a strategic resource for management team, ensuring fair and consistent HR practices are administered.
- Partners with leaders to assess and develop talent by facilitating the design and execution of coaching and performance plans, proactively assessing and addressing individual performance, while helping to create, track and support individual career goals.
- Develop, implement and guide succession planning and training efforts to support the division’s business initiatives.
- Oversees performance management and development process in line with strategic and operating goals.
- Works with CBG Leadership team members to strategically assess talent needs for the organization and partners with the Talent Acquisition team to proactively build candidate pools and pipeline.
- Uses business knowledge, analytics and insight in support of business priorities; analyzes people & business data to design strategies & make recommendations related to turnover, labor costs, talent quality, & strategic workforce planning.
- Leverages business acumen to partner with business leaders more effectively than the competition.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of compliance with company, federal and state employment law, and other requirements to ensure timely and consistent application of human resource related policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Employee Relations team to investigate complaints, implement corrective action, and represent the organization on employment related hearings and investigations.
- Coordinate FMLA, Short-Term Disability, and other leaves of absence for effective administration.
- Understands and has a passion for the importance of workplace culture. Ability to identify the need for change and being able to drive and influence change in the culture.
- Builds collaborative relationships among the broader HR community, awareness of trends and advances in the HR field, and the ability to assimilate new concepts to improve the effectiveness of the HR function.
- Provides day to day HR and Cerritos HQ support, including facilities management responsibilities as needed.
- Other job-related duties as needed.
- Manages one or more direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field required; MBA or related graduate study a plus.
- 7+ years progressive HR leadership experience, with some in a manufacturing/product-related, multi-site environment including commercial side (ie sales, product management, customer service).
- Must have excellent influencing skills, interpersonal skills, process driven with analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus.
- Demonstrated success working within a matrixed HR reporting relationship, balancing HR strategies of the global corporation with local business unit needs.
- Hybrid work schedule – minimum 2 days per week in office
- Professional Office Environment
- Minimal Travel
Our company provides a host of benefits and support for our employees. As an industry leader for over 40 years and a division of Hunter Douglas, CBG is committed to supporting employees throughout a long, successful career.
- 401 K (company match)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- HSA & FSA options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Paid time off