Production Team Member
Full Job Description
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window fashions. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.
At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.
Production Team Member (Packer) – Afternoon & Night Shifts (2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am)
As a production team member you will perform various tasks needed within the manufacturing production operation including but not limited to packaging, staging material, loading, unloading, as well as operation of automated equipment. The production team member position is a critical part of the production process ensuring customer orders are processed timely and accurate. This position will rotate (float) to various positions within the work center on daily basis allowing for potential job skill growth and future job advancements.
- Verifying the correct rail profiles and quantities to be packed necessary for production requirements.
- Monitoring the operation of the packing materials and equipment on the Ransburg line.
- Visual inspection of painted rail for defects, surface problems, etc. and identifying and/or segregating the out of spec. material.
- Assistance with other positions on the Ransburg line as necessary to meet production needs. This may include assistance to the painter, hanging/unhanging or labeling/packaging of goods.
- Printing of necessary labels and identification tags for intermediate or finished goods.
- Following of all ISO related requirements for the production of quality products in the Ransburg Department.
- Participation in the 5-S and Lean Manufacturing principles with respect to the Ransburg Dept.
- Helping in the changeover, preparation, and minor repair of the Ransburg for various produced goods.
- Assist or perform the function of hanging or unhanging aluminum/steel extrusion on line hooks.
- Maintaining proper tools and related equipment for preventive maintenance in the Ransburg department operations.
Job Qualifications & Training:
- Basic knowledge of equipment/machinery operation.
- High School diploma
- Experience within manufacturing setting (1-3years)
- Experience with operating automated manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Prior experience operating powered industrial trucks preferred
- Basic communication skills (oral and written).
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Frequent standing while operating and/or working within production process.
- Occasional sitting while performing the multiply job functions.
- Frequent lifting, moving of materials associated with the Ransburg operations (up to 50 lbs).
- Occasional walking, bending, and stooping within the work cell.
- Frequent use of the hands, arms, and upper body in the grasping and movement of aluminum rail; corrugate material, and auxiliary items in the painting areas.
- Frequently uses hearing in performance of daily job duties.
- Constantly uses sight in performance of daily job duties.
- Company 401k w/ company match
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time (PLT,PTO)
- Onsite medical clinic
- Onsite fitness center
- Annual bonus program
Hunter Douglas is Equal Opportunity Employer