IT Service Desk Technician, Tier 1
It is common, for Service Desk employees, to handle only one type of ticket. Not the case here at Hunter Douglas! If you are excited about the opportunity to support a very large number of users with complex systems, top-of-the-line hardware, and groundbreaking software this role was made for you. Our Service Desk provides support for the entire Hunter Douglas North America enterprise handling upwards of 230 service desk-specific tickets per day via phone, email, and chat.
For this entry-level role, we are looking for a person who can talk technical when required but also has the ability to communicate clearly with users who are less technical. You help users; we will help you get to the next step in your career.
- 8-hour rotational schedule Monday-Friday from 8am- 5pm Mountain Time
- Available to be on-call during the weekend every 6 weeks
- Available for quarterly mandatory maintenance weekend from Saturday evening to Sunday morning
- You have strong customer service skills and are driven to help people.
- You have a desire to learn more about IT and want an opportunity to gain more IT skills.
- You take pride in your work and strive to continually improve.
- You are invested in yourself and your continued learning.
- High School diploma supplemented by other technical training/certificates
- Some technical support or customer service experience
- Some IT training or courses completed
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft applications and environments
- Basic knowledge in Windows Server
- Basic Knowledge in Windows Active Directory
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and non TCP/IP protocols
- Basic knowledge with MLPP and MPLS protocols for WAN
- Basic knowledge in PRI and telecommunications
- Basic knowledge with Firewalls, authentication systems and applying cryptography
- Basic knowledge with installation and maintenance of network cabling
- Basic knowledge Cisco routers
- Ability to network/distribute computing concepts and client/server programming
- Ability to perform hardware and software installations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to follow standard Incident, Problem and Change Management processes as defined by ITIL
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and easily with minimal guidance
What you will do:
This role will interact with engineers (e.g., Network, System, SAP, etc.) and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommends systems modifications. Performs more complex operations and support activities such as maintaining and updating knowledge base articles and performing patching, upgrades and software installs with elevated profile rights.
- Service Request and Incident Management: Gather appropriate information to properly troubleshoot (Categorize, prioritize, trend) throughout the lifecycle of the ticket ensuring service levels agreements are met (response, resolution, customer satisfaction).
- User System Profile/Account Support: Manage, support and coordinate End-User account administration, activation, changes and terminations (e.g., Password/account setup and Password Reset, remote access connectivity, email accounts, End-User IDs).
- Remote Device and Software Management:Manage, maintain and troubleshoot devices and software remotely over the Network to minimize the need to dispatch technical personnel for Incident Resolution.
- Operational Processes: Perform continuous system monitoring and operational processes to ensure the integrity and availability of all business-critical services by reviewing system and application logs, performing system health/functional checks, and accountable to complete backup processes (Daily, weekly, monthly and permanent archive tape backups and prepare accompanying documentation for offsite storage).
- Change Management: Monitor and communicate the progress of high-risk planned changes and identify non-planned (e.g. - not submitted changes).
- Communication: Quickly communicate/escalate all Severity 1 and 2 incidents to support team and management and provide a clear picture of all ticket and task status (e.g., Work in progress, on hold, completed, etc.) during shift turnover, daily team huddles and ticket journal entries. Provide monthly status report depicting operational and support efforts. Responsible to follow Operations Communication processes (e.g., service interruptions, system issues, etc.) and facilitate collaboration efforts for support teams via hosted meetings, training sessions and shared documentation.
- Continual Service Improvement: Provides a stable Service Desk environment and effectively and efficiently performs procedures to ensure IT Services meet Service-Level Requirements (SLR). Responsible to meet Incident and Request service level agreements (e.g. First Contact Resolution, Response time, resolution time, process adherence, etc.) and continuous self-improvement (e.g. – Learning new skill-sets, new processes, etc.).
- Knowledge and Documentation Management: Improve the customer’s efficiency and effectiveness by utilizing knowledge databases and best practices in the areas of customer reporting, logging, tracking, resolving of IT Incidents and Service Requests. Responsible to develop and maintain Operations knowledge base documentation (process, procedures and quick entry’s). Responsible to ensure Information Technology and Customer records are accurate (e.g., Asset Inventory, Customer profile information, etc.).
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to on-site gym and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Pay range for this role: $22- $26 per hour with a discretionary bonus of 5%