We are looking for an experienced and motivated Materials Manager to join our team. As a Materials Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our overall material strategy and in order to maximize efficiency and productivity while minimizing stock outs and back-order situations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide forecast to suppliers on an as needed basis.
- Collaborate with sales, operations & customer service.
- Assist with system set up on new or conversion products.
- Reviews & supports materials required for independent demand – Contracts, Component Sales.
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained to support current demand and to meet company’s goals & objectives.
- Ensure suppliers are in compliance with company’s terms & conditions.
- Maintain and execute purchasing policies & plans to ensure timely delivery of materials /services at the best price and highest quality standards are met.
- Audits, reviews & assist with issues.
- Responsible for initial buys on any new configuration, product or change.
- Responsible for pricing uploads.
- Assist with disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Provides support & assistance to Upper Management, as required.
- Assist in evaluating new source of supplies and supplier qualification.
- Coordinates material fulfillment for Marketing samples on an as need basis.
- Acts as the liaison between facilities.
- Responsible for weekly publication of Global Out of Stock Report.
- Willing to work/travel to Mexico 3-5 days per week.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the field and an educational background in Business (In progress of obtaining a degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred).
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Experience with SAP (SE9) & MRP/Forecasting tools
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)