First Shift (5 am - 3 pm) Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Production department. The Supervisor works with the Production manager to efficiently prioritize team efforts and to assure that Safety, Quality, Production goals, and shipments are achieved or exceeded. The Production Supervisor is a vital part of the team, that directs and coordinates the activities of others and leading by example; functions as the “Go-To” person for the area; acting as a liaison and providing feedback to management and all other support teams with respect to the operation of their Team.
- Lead the team in all matters of safe work practices, ensuring job hazard analysis is followed and PPEs are worn at all times. Responsible for ensuring employees are versed in proper procedures for operating machinery.
- Utilize Hunter Douglas Lean Management system tools such as Leader Standard Work, Task Standard Work, and Plan to Actual boards, Key Performance Indicators, & Idea Board.
- Effectively communicate with other shifts, support groups, and employees supervised. Able to constructively resolve conflicts as necessary.
- Ensure consistent quality of product is achieved according to internal specifications & external customer expectations.
- Track production and ensure that all deadlines and schedules are met; monitor, update & coordinate production staffing & output plans depending on workload & production schedule.
- Ensures maximum productivity by monitoring flow & adjusting staffing as necessary.
- Leads troubleshooting activities, facilitating contact and follow-up with support groups such as Maintenance & Material Handling.
- Contributes to a culture of continuous improvement. Works with direct labor employees to identify improvement opportunities & initiate action.
- Understands the Job Instruction detail for every position in their area.
- Rotate associates through all the tasks required as needed to achieve a high level of cross training. Participates in training new employees and re-training present employees in processes and methods as required.
- Ensure all materials/parts have been properly scanned prior to incorporating in the product to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Knows how to operate every piece of equipment and system tool (IPQA, etc) and initiates maintenance work orders to keep production equipment maintained and operating.
- Documents work completed; contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as procedures, records, logs, documents, manuals, etc. Completes all necessary documentation at the end of shift.
The Production Supervisor should possess all of the following qualities to ensure successful job performance.
- Analytical Reasoning and Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assess alternative courses of action, and makes timely decisions based on logical assumptions using all available information.
- Articulates Communication – Must be able to verbally present information clearly and effectively when talking with people or using e-mail.
- Prioritizing and Planning– can establish priorities and course of action for managing multiple tasks; can allocate resources, use time efficiently, and is personally well organized.
- High Energy – Establish and maintain high activity levels.
- Initiative and Motivation – Actively tries to influence events to achieve objectives and goals. Self-starter who works well without close supervision and takes personal satisfaction in job performance.
- Action Oriented - Makes timely decisions based on the best available information; has the confidence to make decisions in uncertain circumstances and balances information gathering and analysis activities with an urgency to take action to achieve goals.
- Drive for Results ¾ Maintains high standard of performance, and an emphasis on results over activity; develops measures for tracking progress in meeting objectives;
- Leadership - Develops high-performance teams by establishing a spirit of cooperation and cohesion for achieving goals.