The role- We have laid the foundation for a world-class Project Management Office. Now, you will have an opportunity to contribute your strengths in strategic planning, empowering tactical execution, and guiding and facilitating your team. This role will be integral to the company’s success with a focus on product development and product launch processes as well as the evolving project portfolio management process for our window covering products. You will be accountable for establishing and maintaining core competencies and standard PMO framework to ensure project portfolio management and proper project execution of product development projects. Our team is looking for a Project Manager that can bring positivity, energy and drive!
Works with the Program Manager and other internal departments in the development and implementation of new product development and managing improvements to existing products. Works with all functional groups to ensure all developmental tasks have been identified and are on schedule.
Provides project management services on fabric and hardware development initiatives including special projects for private label, OEM and international customers.
- Works with functional groups to determine product development requirements and maintains ISO documentation.
- In conjunction with Product Management, develops scope documents for special market projects including work break down structures, stakeholder analysis, communication planning and project milestones. Ultimately responsible for delivering the project including elevating issues when appropriate to the leadership team.
- Determines and coordinates shared resources among essential projects, for both branded and non-branded projects, for the overall benefit of the business function.
- Facilitates weekly Core Product team meetings for key projects. Prepares detailed project status reports and may be asked to periodically prepare and present project and product presentations. Work with all departments to develop and maintain master schedules for all product timelines and hold team members accountable for meeting project deadlines. Assist Quality in communicating corrective actions with our customers.
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five to seven years of experience in leading projects.
- Preferably PMP certified.
- Proven track record demonstrating exceptional organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ongoing pursuit of job knowledge-based educational activities is highly encouraged.
Solid knowledge of product development and processes used to manufacture particular products for the business function.
Solid understanding of and management of project documentation in accordance with ISO procedures.
Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, and complete projects on time.
Ability to analyze numerical information to identify trends and distinguish discrepancies and inaccuracies in prepared reports.
Ability to communicate verbally and in written form on a one-to-one or group basis.
Ability to exhibit initiative to quickly learn and retain various cross-discipline information within a relatively short time period.
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
To view a video about Hunter Douglas’ history of innovation please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QS3ljwG2jw
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!