JOB SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Maintenance Technician build, maintain test, and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical equipment. Apply knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunction and apply skills in restoring equipment to operation,
provide skilled mechanical, electrical support to the assigned department. The Production Maintenance Technician will be rotated with other departments as needed for cross training.
COMPENSATION: $22 - $27/hour.
SHIFT: Monday - Thursday OT on Fridays 5:00am to 3:00pm
Must have availability to work before or after the shift if needed to complete certain projects/deadlines.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow all safety requirements including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Ensure that all maintenance of assigned departments is carried through, including PMs, emergency maintenance, and
• Obtain approval for time off in advance. Ensure that a backup is assigned to cover the department.
• Notify assigned supervisor/manager when absent unexpectedly
• Notify assigned supervisor/manager of other department when help is needed from an experienced or trained
technician. Every effort must be made to notify current supervisor/manager.
• Responsible for all small parts needed in their department and logs all parts into event manager for all other
maintenance to view.
QUALIFICATION, SKILL and ATTRIBUTE REQUIRMENTS:
• A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for
• Thorough understanding of AC and DC as will be exposed to high voltage electricity.
• 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required
and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
• Previous experience with scissor lifts, basic hand tools, volt meters and reading/understanding of electrical schematics.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially
must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
• Computer experience and operation are necessary.
• Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair
• Must be highly safety conscious and adhere to all company and OSHA requirements.
• Additional maintenance skills, such as welding would be beneficial, but is not required.
• Must be willing to work overtime to support production and some projects.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedure/product manuals and safety rules.
• Ability to write general reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and
the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and square