Buyer / Planner
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window fashions. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.
At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.
Materials: Buyer/ Planner
The Materials Buyer / Planner executes an overall plan for production, inventory levels, and turns. This position will directly monitor, track and plan raw material purchases, BOM creation, as well as create inventory-planning goals. The Buyer will utilize various planning tools to ensure the correct mix of materials and inventory plans exist based on demand and forecast plans.
- Comply and provide support to the facilities EHS management system including VPP, ISO 14001 and quality standards with ISO 9000.
- Develop inventory plan for aluminum extrusions and production supplies including but not limited to paint, corrugate, packing foam and film, solvents, and pallets.
- Works with suppliers, Customer Service representatives, Quality Control personnel, and Logistics personnel on a continuous basis to provide needed input for effective material supply to customers.
- Convert Purchase Requisitions (PR) into Purchase Orders (PO’s) as necessary. Purchase orders are created based on customer orders, forecasts, and supplier capacities to ensure product availability as needed while maintaining acceptable material inventory levels.
- Convert Planned Orders (PO) into Production Orders as necessary for items planned.
- Create Bill of Material (BOM) within the system as well as ensure accuracy of existing sku’s
- Maintains SAP system to include:
- Review daily MRP evaluations and exception messages.
- Review daily the back order status for all items within prescribed area of responsibility and publish updated status as required.
- Provide continuing maintenance of all SAP planning parameters within prescribed area of responsibility
- Provides analyses as requested by management for materials within responsibility area
- Provides input to forecasting system through constant updates based on trends with items in area of responsibility.
- Utilize SAP reporting functions to monitor demand and forecast planning functions.
- Assist quality department on non-conforming materials (supplier returns and/or scrap).
- Assist the finance and planning group (F&P) in commodity budgets, and cost standards updates.
- Be intimately involved with new product introductions as well as discontinued and/or obsolete materials within area of responsibility
- Monitors and maintains inventory levels for items in area of control to ensure acceptable inventory turns levels
- Provides input on special projects as requested by management
- A high school diploma required.
- Four-year college degree preferred in a business related discipline. (experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- 3-5 years of production coordination within the materials planning, purchasing, procurement sector in manufacturing
- Knowledge of commodity planning/buying (Steel and Aluminum) preferred
- 2-4 years SAP experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Creativity and ingenuity are desirable traits. Including attention to detail, decision-making skills, and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Solid knowledge of materials management and ability to utilize the information within SAP and/or other systems to analyze data, prepare reports and communicate this data effectively to others.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Solid knowledge of the material flow from suppliers to customers
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Frequently walking to and from various locations within facility and onsite.
- Frequently walking up / down stairs to office areas.
- Frequently using hands for computer work, writing and product handling.
- Frequently sitting while accessing computer, engaging in telephone conversations and participating meetings.
- Occasionally perform 5S tasks such as vacuuming, dusting and disposal of trash.
- Constantly uses sight in performance of daily job duties.
- Constantly uses hearing in performance of daily job duties.
- Company 401k w/ company match
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time (PLT,PTO)
- Onsite medical clinic
- Onsite fitness center
- Annual bonus program
Hunter Douglas is equal opportunity employer