Manufacturing Assembler/Material Handler/Shipping
1st and 2nd Shift
The foundation of Hunter Douglas’s success are the people that keep our operations running. These are the folks on the production floor using custom machinery to transform beautiful fabric into the shade hanging in a customer’s window. There is no single role more important to the success of the business.
- Follow all safety requirements including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Comply with policies & guidelines for quality including attention to detail necessary to adhere to quality standards and exceed customer expectations.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, processes and procedures.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Production Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Must be able to meet daily production targets and standards
- May require simple adjusting and fitting up to intricate fitting, adjusting and aligning on complete products, units or sub-assemblies involving considerable number of parts.
- A variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment are utilized.
- Sweeps floor and performs general housekeeping (5S) procedures within production area.
- Follow all safety guidelines and uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Move materials on forklifts or pallets to destination with appropriate system transactions and paperwork.
- Receive materials, off load trucks and enter into SAP; store material on racks
- Issue material to production departments – fulfilling list generated by kanban scan on production departments.
- Maintain constant communication with assigned production department and provide a high level of service.
- Communicate back orders or low inventory
- Support staff members in your own department as well as all other departments.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate fabrication functions.
- Maintain 5S principles
- Actively support safety; comply with safety policies and procedures
- Checks products for shipment by inspecting product visually for deficiencies.
- Work with all outside carriers
- Ships all internal packages, attaching appropriate customs paperwork
- Packs cartons by folding cartons, following prescribed arrangement; placing product in carton.
- Finishes cartons by sealing openings; affixing shipping label.
- Prepares pallets by following prescribed stacking arrangement; tagging pallets.
- Prepares shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling containers.
- Maintain 5S principles
- Follow verbal and written work instructions
- Attention to detail necessary to adhere to quality standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Qualifications: Manufacturing / Fabrication / Assembly experience is a plus! Applicants must be team-oriented and quality focused. Must be able to read a tape measure to +/- 1/8", do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division). Must have good communication skills, both verbal & written. Employees must have a positive attitude demonstrated through work reviews and attendance records. Must be willing to rotate to other areas when business needs dictate. Candidates must have reliable transportation.
Physical Requirements: constant standing, repeated hand, arm, upper body movement - push, pull, reach, lift, bend, and stoop. Some positions may require visual color acuity testing and heavy lifting.
If interested, please call 801-258-3319 (Lita) or 801-258-3304 (Rosa)