Inventory Control Specialist
Comfortex is looking to hire an Inventory Control Specialist on 1st shift (7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)!
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Keeps back order file in established sequence and releases back orders for issue or shipment as stock becomes available.
- Obtains stock control records and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current market conditions, to determine stock supple and need for replenishment.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes, and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify accuracy of requisitions and shipping orders.
- Reviews files to determine unused items and recommends disposal of excess stock.
- Individual must be able to interact with and support other departments (including Operations, Engineering, and Finance).
- Knowledge of inventory control and understanding of internal process and system controls; analytical skills are a must.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and Microsoft Excel required).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.