IT Salesforce Solution Architect
Position SummaryResponsible to support our SF development team within the IT organization. Will partner with the Hunter Douglas customer experience team to understand business requirements, develop an approach, and transform those requirements into a Salesforce technical design to be worked by our internal dev team or 3rd party provider. They will be well versed in Sales & Service Cloud, Communities, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Lightning, and Salesforce Visualforce development in order to come up with the right solution to solve the business need.
Ideally, the incumbent would be commutable to our office in Broomfield, CO and would be hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days work from home). However, we are open to fully Remote (within the US only) for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. (These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Develops high level design for solutions in support business requirements, objectives and goals.
- Guides technical resources during the detailed design and development phase, leading the team from design to solution deployment.
- Coordinates technical aspects of deployment, including hardware environments, certification, and software deployment.
- Ensure alignment of program vision with enterprise wide technology portfolio.
- Interface between business, technology and support teams through developing and improving relationship between the business and IT.
- Facilitate and coordinate gathering information that results in the definition and documentation of business objectives, requirements and processes.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding business process, procedures, solutions and systems.
- Recognizes strategic application of IT and exploits existing IT assets to maximize return on investment.
- Leads projects ensuring quality design is implemented to consistently meet business objectives, requirements, expectations and the realization of measurable business benefits.
- Work with extended IT teams on projects as required. Good knowledge of sales, marketing and customer support processes is required due to the integrations into ERP and other systems.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or business related major
- 5+ years’ experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and/or CRM systems which must include 3+ full SFDC implementation lifecycles as well as experience managing SFDC Communities
- Salesforce.com certifications are a plus
Qualifications & KSA’s
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Expert knowledge of and hands on experience with Salesforce.com platforms, Architecture, Design, Development, Administration and Operational Support required.
- Expert knowledge in the development and maintenance of Salesforce.com platforms.
- Expert knowledge of how to design and optimize Salesforce.com based on industry best practices.
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce.com declarative work, SOQL, custom object development, workflow, triggers, and integration tools.
- Expert knowledge of configuring and supporting Salesforce.com and understanding integration points between Salesforce.com, SAP, and other applications.
- Solid knowledge of and ability to demonstrate systems and business processes within sales, marketing and customer support.
- Expert knowledge on IT agile, change, release, problem, incident and continuity management processes.
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
- Ability to present and communicate persuasively and effectively with senior management.
- Ability to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to quickly learn existing business processes and concepts and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines to improve and optimize business processes.
- Adept at engaging with the business and having the ability to extract, understand, and document business requirements and translate them into functional and technical designs/specifications.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of project management techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to demonstrate a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate people management, people development and team building skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, take initiative and be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to take responsibility and shows skill in the management of change.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest standards of professional behavior in dealing with clients, colleagues and staff.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 6 weeks paid new parent leave, and 40 hours of family care time off, and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to an on-site gym and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists, and more!
The salary for this role ranges from $140,000 - $170,000 depending on experience with a discretionary bonus of up to 10%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.