Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement Manager
Hunter Douglas started our Lean journey about 7 years ago. The journey has been exciting and impactful and we are ready to formalize and expand the program to include a dedicated Continuous Improvement Manager for one of our largest divisions. This role offers the opportunity to own and drive continuous improvement efforts. You will have the autonomy to make a measurable impact on a world-class, market-leading product by creating a culture of continuous improvement that leads to associate empowerment, elimination of waste, and improvements in Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and Employee Engagement.
- You are a change agent and can persuade people to take action and change.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are committed to improving all aspects related to SQDCE.
- You are resilient in the face of challenges.
- You are creative and innovative and can effectively share your ideas with other and get input.
- You have experience working with a diverse employee population and connect well at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience, preferably in a Quality function.
- Experience leading/facilitating multiple kaizen events/programs and/or key participant role in a large plant lean transformation initiative.
- Experience leading within a Lean environment. Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt) preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Tableau & SAP BI or related data analysis software.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Value-add/Non Value-add, Standard Work, Line Balancing, 7 Wastes, hour-by-hour management, gap management, etc.
Working knowledge of control and quality systems.
Strong analytical skills along with superior computer skills, i.e. SAP, BW, Excel, Word, PPTX, Minitab, Tableau (or other statistical software).
Excellent communication and teaching skills, with a strong ability to rally employees and teams.
Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment.
Strong understanding of and commitment to manufacturing excellence.
Must be precise with the highest focus on quality and the customer experience.
Ability to use data to guide in creating improvement/kaizen plans.
Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
Ability to effectively handle multiple projects with track record of successful project complete.
Create and foster strong business relationships across the enterprise.
What you will do:
Engage, enhance, and fully execute the “Hunter Douglas Lean Management System”
Lead Kaizen events and continuous improvement projects through cross-functional team facilitation and project management
Manage the Data Analysis program and tools used for tracking and trending purposes, i.e. SAP Business Analytics, Tableau, Power BI. Use these tools to provide analysis on quality improvements to reduce/eliminate plant controllable errors
Create and manage engagement programs designed to motivate employees at all levels to be involved in continuous improvement activities
Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and tools (e.g., value stream mapping, Kaizen, Charters, 5S, Gemba walks, LMS, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
Network with other plant lean leaders to leverage programs designed to continually improve operations and eliminate waste, fostering best practice and standardization
Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of Lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a culture of continuous improvement. Review and train employees and management on use of problem solving, quality, and analysis tools
Establish collaborative relationship with local plant management
Identify process improvement opportunities and implement new ideas, layouts, equipment, jigs, where feasible
Ensure processes are followed and consistent product quality is achieved according to internal specifications and external customer expectations
Lead Root Cause Corrective Measures (RCCM) activities and quality improvement initiatives, in conjunction with operations/department management, Fabrication Engineering, and Hunter Douglas Brand Team, facilitating contact and follow-up with all support groups, i.e. IT, Maintenance, etc
Monitor and implement corrective actions for internal and external Quality by starting and participating in Rapid Response and DMAIC teams
Contributes to HD Lean Culture of continuous improvement, working with managers, supervisors, and employees, to identify improvement opportunities and implement corrective actions
About Hunter Douglas:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture – all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in home furnishings and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our 100-year history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion-dollar company, and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.
At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- 13 days of PTO accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges in addition to on-site fitness center
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Pay range for this role: $118,000- $157,000 with a 15% discretionary bonus