Full Job Description
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window fashions. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.
At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.
Material Handler – Afternoon & Night Shifts (2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am)
As a material handler you will be responsible for product and material movements within the work center or facility. This shall include the use of powered industrial trucks including but not limited to forklifts, reach trucks, 4D (Raymond lifts), and order pickers. The ideal candidate will have prior experience within manufacturing setting or warehouse with primary job function of material handling and movements including supplying production lines, loading material in racks, or loading trucks. The material handler will have opportunity for growth within other areas of the organization including logistics, shipping, and receiving.
- The warehouse Person pulls the product listed on the picking ticket from the shelf and stages material into the work center
- All products must be scanned by the Intermec inventory scanners.
- All material movements must be accurately adjusted within SAP with use of scanners
- The material handler shall be responsible for processing WIP inventory returns from the work center as well as any adjustments necessary.
- Monitor, disposition and process scrap from the work center
- Ensure product is properly secured to pallets utilizing banding tools, shrink wrap, or other means
- Responsible for completing finish goods inventory process from the work center into warehouse inventory
- Ensure proper safe operations of all lifts as well as pre use safety inspections
- The delivery is closed and the picking ticket is taken to the shipping station or the shipping office.
- May be required to perform other tasks such as bin replenishment, staging over flow volume stock, and pulling stock transport orders.
- May be required to assist in, or take, inventory.
Job Qualifications & Training:
- Basic knowledge of equipment/machinery operation.
- High School diploma
- Experience within manufacturing warehouse setting (1-3years)
- Experience with operating automated manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Prior experience operating powered industrial trucks preferred
- Basic communication skills (oral and written).
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Frequent standing while operating and/or working within production process.
- Occasional sitting while performing the multiply job functions.
- Frequent lifting, moving of materials associated with the production material handling (up to 50 lbs).
- Occasional walking, bending, and stooping within the work cell.
- Frequent use of the hands, arms, and upper body in the grasping and movement of aluminum rail; corrugate material, and auxiliary items in the painting areas.
- Frequently uses hearing in performance of daily job duties.
- Constantly uses sight in performance of daily job duties.
- Company 401k w/ company match
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time (PLT,PTO)
- Onsite medical clinic
- Onsite fitness center
- Annual bonus program
Hunter Douglas is Equal Opportunity Employer