Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world.
The Flexo Solutions facility has printed and formed fabrics into the signature Honeycomb shape in Appleton, WI since 2003. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Location: Appleton, WI
As an Ink Technician, you are responsible for the organization, preparation and color-matching of water-based inks used in our flexographic printing presses. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company and make an impact immediately in this newly created position!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the quantity of ink needed for upcoming job by monitoring the press schedule.
- Formulate and blend ink as required.
- Utilize ink formulas and color matching tests to ensure proper color match.
- Bring prepared ink to press, ensure press has sufficient ink to run job, return ink to storage.
- Handles and disposes of all inks properly.
- Maintain ink inventory levels.
- Label inks for compliance with SDS standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; perform housekeeping duties as needed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures and record keeping procedures.
- Interact with other team members in a positive manner.
- Overtime as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience preparing water-based inks preferred.
- Color discrimination and color match skills required.
- Ability to use a seated forklift and/or standing lift.
- Shift work of 8 to 12 hours may be required. Overtime as needed.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance with HSA or FSA options, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, PTO, paid holidays, and a matching 401k plan with immediate vesting.