Customer Service Representative
Primary responsibility is to establish and maintain rapport with customers by expressing genuine interest and concern for their needs. Research all challenges received from our customers and/or sales staff and reach a decision that best serves the customer and Hunter Douglas. Continually strive to improve the quality of the department by analyzing current systems and suggesting new and innovative ways of accomplishing tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering Incoming Telephone Calls
- Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and may direct calls to other personnel or voice mail as necessary.
- Conforms to policy and procedure to maintain phone availability and answer calls within the set guideline.
- Receive and Communicate Product Information
- Enter phone, fax or mail in quotes to 100% accuracy. Properly confirm all live orders, proofread all fax or mail in orders to assure complete accuracy. Provide production departments with all necessary information to build and ship all orders per dealer’s requests, on time. Handle status inquiries and follow through on all requests made by dealers. Improve product knowledge by reading and understanding price & reference Guides, product information booklets, marketing bulletins, and inter-office memos. Process e-mail and other types of correspondence on a daily basis.
- Develop Dealer Relationships
- Handle all concerns or complaints to 100% satisfaction and properly document all information. Follow up to ensure the complaint or concern is fully resolved and the dealer’s expectations have been met. Project a professional, positive and supportive attitude and appearance at all times.
- Team Assistance
- Assist fellow team members when needed or asked to ensure the company, sales team and associates’ success. Fill in where needed as asked by the team lead, supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Two to three years of related experience and/or training. Ability to use office equipment including phone, fax, copier, and computer.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Reference Guides, Product Component Guides, and Corporate Marketing Bulletins and safety rules. Ability to speak effectively with dealers and co-workers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and square footage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
There are no unusual working conditions associated with this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.