IT Associate Systems Administrator
In this role, you will be the face of IT at Hunter Douglas. You will be a part of a team of 3 Systems Admins supporting 8 buildings on campus and around 1200 end users. Your day will be spent working on anything from Imaging, installing, and basic networking, to deploying and troubleshooting hardware in various conference rooms. The systems admin team at Hunter Douglas is well respected and they enjoy supporting our employees and being a resource for the organization. There is a lot to learn in this role and you will have a great, supportive team that encourages your growth and learning. This role will provide you with a wide range of experiences and the ability to have autonomy in how you perform your work.
**This position will work on-site M-F at our Broomfield, CO facility.**
- Monday-Friday from 8am- 5pm or 7am-4pm Mountain Time
- Small on call component; paid for time worked.
- Available for quarterly mandatory maintenance weekend from Saturday evening to Sunday morning.
- You enjoy the people side of IT as much as the technical side.
- You have strong customer service skills and are driven to help people.
- You take pride in your work and strive to continually improve.
- You are invested in yourself and your continued learning.
- Associates Degree in a technical field.
- A minimum of 1to 3 years of related experience in the installation and maintenance of operating systems.
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft applications and environments
- Solid knowledge in Windows OS including 7, 8, 10
- Solid Knowledge in Imaging and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Basic knowledge in Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and non TCP/IP protocols
- Basic knowledge with installation and maintenance of network cabling
- Ability to network/distribute computing concepts and client/server programming
- Ability to perform hardware and software installations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to follow standard Incident, Problem and Change Management processes as defined by ITIL
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and easily with minimal guidance
What you will do:
Create delighted customers by:
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Prioritizing tasks by utilizing the Cherwell ticketing system to its full capacity. Managing our customer experience through the configuration and monitoring of Cherwell. Supporting the IT Help Desk with training, documentation and as an escalation point for help.Assisting with the management of local and non-local support and service requests submitted by the users promptly.
- Ensuring end-user access to systems, services, servers, devices, and desktop/laptop computers. Escalating issues to the System Administrator, Help Desk, Operations, and management promptly as required of the priority of the problem.
- Maintaining good practice in the imaging and delivery of client devices. Leverage all tools of automation to accomplish consistent, high quality deliverables. Expanding the usage of the endpoint management product (KACE, Workspace ONE) to deliver updates, manage inventory, and automate the delivery of applications. Documenting developed procedure to share and post.
- Assisting the Systems Administrator to configure and install VMware, Microsoft servers, and network equipment and security systems along with the installation of third-party software as part of a mixed server and Cisco networking infrastructure.
- Administering and maintaining client devices on the site insuring connectivity through wired or wireless devices including scanners, tablets, and iPad kiosks. Administering and maintaining the printing environment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems in order to restore service. Facilitating escalation with third party vendors or support teams.
- Participating in, and conducting as necessary, training for applications and assists to provide instruction to further the understanding of technology. Facilitating collaboration efforts for support teams via hosted meetings, training sessions and shared documentation.
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to on-site gym and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Pay range for this role: $53,500-$55,000 with a discretionary bonus of 5%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.