MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN LEVEL 1
2ND Shift: 2:30pm -1:00am Monday -Thursday (Building 5)
The Maintenance group at Hunter Douglas is an exciting team to join. Our Maintenance Techs get the opportunity to work on a variety of equipment and because our process for developing textiles is so unique, much of the equipment is proprietary and built-in house. Troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, problem solving, hands-on repair, development of new equipment, and preventative maintenance are responsibilities our techs manage on a regular basis.
Temperature Controlled Environment
VPP Certified Site, Safety Focus
Defined/Dependable Work Schedule
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Two years technical trade school and two years practical experience in maintenance disciplines (i.e., HVAC repair, certified auto mechanic, avionics technician). A mix of both trade school and practical experience is also acceptable.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responds to written work orders describing electrical and/or mechanical problems with the production equipment. Communicates with the equipment operator and other maintenance technicians to obtain information concerning malfunctions. Seeks to bring the equipment back in service as soon as possible.
- Performs preventive maintenance on production equipment according to schedule. Will be teamed with a maintenance technician of another level to be trained on various phases of equipment maintenance.
- Assists other maintenance technicians, engineers or engineering technicians in the building of various production equipment. Read blueprints to assemble parts; read simple schematics to wire electrical systems.
- Ability to properly and completely perform preventive maintenance on equipment using established checklists.
- Communicates with equipment operators on a regular basis to determine whether production equipment is operating correctly, at optimum efficiency and safely.
- Person keeps shop area clean and organizes repair parts as part of inventory.
- Basic knowledge of the safe use of production equipment.
- Basic knowledge of the proper functioning and repair of AC/DC motors. (MUST HAVE)
- Basic Knowledge of electrical circuits, simple relay logic, 24-volt systems (MUST HAVE)
- Basic knowledge of how to use, and interpret information from ammeters and voltmeters (MUST HAVE)
- Basic knowledge of the use of hand-held tools such as drills, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers. (MUST HAVE)
- Basic knowledge of how to use precision measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers. (MUST HAVE)
- Solid knowledge of basic math to include: fractions and decimals, simple algebraic equations and word problems, and English to metric/metric to English conversions of numbers.
- Ability to read and interpret simple mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Hunter Douglas we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base hourly range: $23.00-$27.00 (Maintenance Technician Level 1 Range $23.00-$27.00, upon completion of level 2 certification additional $1.00 increase, Maintenance Technician Level 2 Range $24.00-$34.00, level dependent on skills and experience)
- Bonus target range: 2.5%
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, time off with pay, a 401(k) plan with a degree of employer matching, wellness program, education tuition assistance, and product discounts
- Please note, all offers presented to candidates are carefully crafted to ensure market competitiveness, equity, and reflect the individual candidate’s education, experience, skills and potential.