JOB TITLE:MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
COMPANY:HUNTER DOUGLAS FABRICATION
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Maintenance Technician build, maintain test, and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical equipment. Apply knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunction and apply skills in restoring equipment to operation, provide skilled mechanical, electrical support to the assigned department. The Production Maintenance Technician will be rotated with other departments as needed for cross training.
- Follow all safety requirements including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensure that all maintenance of assigned departments is carried through, including PMs, emergency maintenance, and projects.
- Obtain approval for time off in advance. Ensure that a backup is assigned to cover the department.
- Notify assigned supervisor/manager when absent unexpectedly
- Notify assigned supervisor/manager of other department when help is needed from an experienced or trained technician. Every effort must be made to notify current supervisor/manager.
- Responsible for all small parts needed in their department and logs all parts into event manager for all other maintenance to view.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Thorough understanding of AC and DC as will be exposed to high voltage electricity.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Previous experience with scissor lifts, basic hand tools, volt meters and reading/understanding of electrical schematics.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Computer experience and operation are necessary.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Must be highly safety conscious and adhere to all company and OSHA requirements.
- Additional maintenance skills, such as welding would be beneficial, but is not required.
- Must be willing to work overtime to support production and some projects.
There are no supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or its equivalent required. Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required and certificates are necessary for validation.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure/product manuals and safety rules. Ability to write general reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and square footage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
There are no unusual working conditions associated with this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The Production Maintenance Technician is accountable for the outlined job description and responsibilities. From time-to-time the outlined job description may vary due to the Company’s internal and external needs.
I:\Job Descriptions\2012 JDs\Production Maintenance Technician 03.26.12 (1) Jeff.doc