Senior Director National Account Sales
Senior Director of National Account Sales
The ability to make a direct and measurable contribution to the success of an industry-leading company is exhilarating. Hunter Douglas is the leader in the custom window covering market and we need your expertise to continue nurturing a well-established dealer network while developing and deploying strategies encompassing National Account sales growth. Forecasting, budget development, key metric reporting, and presentations are important facets of this role. This position is critical to the success of Hunter Douglas and will act as an important contributor and collaborator across the organization.
- You have a proven track record of sales growth through relationship building
- You have an ability to identify new streams of incremental sales revenue
- You are comfortable making impactful business decisions
- You are skilled at problem-solving resulting in creative and innovative solutions
- You’re articulate and adept at presenting to all levels of the organization
- You’re energetic, engaged, and motivated
- You have superior negotiating skills and the ability to ‘close’ the deal.
- You possess 5 to 10 years of outside B2B sales experience in a related home furnishing field or national account environment.
- You have the ability to lead a dynamic sales team of National Account Managers
- Maintain and expand the existing National Account distribution in order to achieve the established National Account Gross Sales Budget.
- Increase the number of National Account targets identifying appropriate home centers, national home furnishing chains, national residential home builders, and emerging national retails channels. The targets should also include, emerging non-traditional companies with an entree to our target consumer.
- Manage pricing, discount, and promotional strategies so as to minimize conflicts while profitably growing the sales of Hunter Douglas branded products.
- Manage the National Account sales team to ensure efficient and sufficient support of customers and optimum performance of the National Accounts Sales staff.
- Provide a monthly written evaluation of the sales performance of the National Accounts Group including an analysis of sales increases and decreases, product mix changes, key national accounts, key products, and competition, among other factors.
- In conjunction with the Learning & Development team, manage, coordinate and facilitate national account and employee training.
- Present to executive management including monthly/quarterly reviews and budgets.
- Analyze and manage the financial performance of key national account customers including reviews of gross margins by account, advertising, promotional and selling costs as a percentage of sales.
- Resolve national account partner and consumer conflicts in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all parties. This position is in direct line for issue escalation.
- Coordinate with cross-functional groups as needed to further the goals and objectives of the Fabrication Division, National Account objectives and strategies, and the overall Company.
- Adaptability – Ability to perform a variety of tasks and being able to change assignment or direction on short notice.
- Articulate Communication – The Sr. Director of National Account Sales must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Must be able to confidently speak in front of small or large groups and be able to simplify and convey complicated concepts and programs with a persuasive delivery.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action, and makes timely decisions based on logical assumptions using all available information and in coordination with the Division management team.
- High Energy – Establish and maintain high activity levels. Leads by example
- Initiative and Motivation – Actively influence events to achieve objectives and goals and is a “self-motivated self-sufficient self-starter.”
- Organization and Independence – Can establish priorities and course of action for managing multiple tasks and takes action.
- Persuasiveness – Uses appropriate and creative methods and styles of communication to gain acceptance of a proposal or new product.
- Planning – Establishes a course of action, allocates resources, uses time efficiently, and is personally well organized.
- Resilience – Maintains effectiveness and a positive attitude in the face of disappointment or rejection.
- Cooperation – Works well with others, takes time to help customers and co-workers achieve their goals.
- Preferred Residence in Pearl River, Chicago, or Philadelphia
- Four-year college degree and MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of outside B2B sales experience in a related home furnishing field
- Previous selling experience through home center channels, architectural, and dealer distribution networks
- Thorough knowledge of Hunter Douglas Window Covering Products (preferred)
- Ability to travel is a must
- Clean driving record
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive. Join us!