Human Resources Compensation Analyst
We are adding this new position to assist in developing compensation structure for our Fabrication Divisions located in the U.S. and Canada. You will have the opportunity to use your compensation
skill set to help us further develop compensation strategy and enhance the compensation framework. Hunter Douglas is successful only because of our employees, this is your opportunity to impact that success.
You have a strong background in compensation to include conducting market analysis, experience and success in the development of sales commission plans and other incentive programs, using compensation software and other compensation tools to effectively drive data in making sound decisions, confident presenter with the ability to communicate on many different levels, reputation of being a trusted advisor.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
A Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Progressive compensation experience with a focus on both hourly and salaried employees. Must have excellent Word Processing, spreadsheet software and HRIS experience.
- Conducts market analysis of company jobs to determine competitive positioning of the organizations pay programs.
- Participates in the development of sales commission plans and other incentive programs that support the organization’s sales goals, reflect the sales culture and maintain competitive positioning of the organization’s pay programs.
- Develops and delivers documentation and training meant to communicate and explain new compensation plans.
- Participates in annual salary administration programs, including salary structure creation and maintenance and development of incentive or salary increase budgets.
- Participates in administration of annual performance management, incentive, or salary increase programs.
- Advises management on compensation actions for employees.
- Reviews proposed salary actions to ensure conformance with established guidelines and policies.
- Participates and conducts salary surveys and analyzes results to determine organization's market relationship.
- Utilizes Pay Factors, local market pay data and other compensation survey sources to gather compensation information.
- Develops recommendations to adjust salary structure in response to changing organizational needs and market values.
- Analyzes current organizational pay practices and makes recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity.
- Conducts job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policies.
- Performs audits periodically and reviews proposals for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Develops and implements salary administration guidelines and policies.
- Participates in development and administration of performance review system to ensure compliance with salary administration guidelines.
- Researches special compensation programs or incentive systems to support the organization's objectives and philosophy.
- Administers the non-exempt and exempt bonus incentive programs. Monitors the incentive payout process, ensuring that calculations are correct and distributions are made according to an established schedule. Coordinates payout process with payroll department. Evaluates current bonus programs for effectiveness and develops proposed adjustments or changes to the programs.
- Expert knowledge of: federal and state HR laws governing compensation (i.e. of federal and state HR laws governing compensation and benefits, (i.e. FLSA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, Colorado Wage Orders), job evaluation methods, job pricing and pay structures.
- Solid knowledge of: working with mathematical concepts, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs work flows and procedures, managing difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, developing strategies to achieve organizational goals, analyzes market and competition, adapts strategy to changing conditions, willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, presenting numerical data effectively and responding to questions from various groups
- Solid knowledge of: Word Processing and Spreadsheet software and Human Resource Information Systems.
- Ability to: design and generate creative solutions, uses feedback to modify designs, demonstrates attention to detail develop project plans, coordinates projects, manages project team activities, maintain confidentiality, develop workable implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, understand business implications of decisions, demonstrates knowledge of labor market and competitive pay rates, work within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, follow policies and procedures, deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, displays original thinking and creativity, develops innovative approaches and ideas, develop realistic action plans, read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, feel comfortable in presenting information before medium and large sized groupings of employees.
This position will be working from Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette®, Vignette®, Nantucket™ Window Shadings, and Luminette Privacy Sheers®.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site training and development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!