Financial Analyst, FP&A
FINANCIAL ANALYST – FP&A
There are few roles in an organization that are as important as those in Accounting and Finance. This is an opportunity to grow your career while you add value to the Hunter Douglas enterprise. This role will offer the ability to connect with other divisions and key stakeholders while identifying cost savings, efficiencies, and ultimately driving improvements and changes. If you love analysis, research, and the story that data can tell then this position is for you.
Provides financial reporting and analysis used for strategic and tactical decision making. The role works with various plants and divisions to develop, interpret and implement financial processes related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting. They will work to constantly improve systems and processes to produce high-quality reporting in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
An employee in this position, may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. (These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Assists HDNA operations and supply chain in the preparation of periodic forecasts and annual budgets, including template and presentation development and results consolidation.
- Identifies opportunities to create efficiencies and automation and streamline the reporting processes across HDNA operations and supply chain. Supports the relationship with the IT team and the setting of reporting development priorities.
- Assists creating the monthly financial review package to management, including accurate and concise comments on variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Helps analyze HDNA operations financial results in Hyperion Financial Management, including reporting redesign and enhancements.
- Analyzes financial and operational data, draws conclusions and presents recommendations on decisions and actions.
- Supports Product Management Finance to explain operational impacts on product gross margin.
- Analyzes and reports on key drivers of business and company performance, including monthly and quarterly results and variance analysis.
- Already included in KSA section with Expert knowledge.
- Provides high level performance “dashboard” reports to senior management or executive team.
- Partners with senior and executive management on ad hoc analyses, special projects.
- Delivers presentations to various levels of management about financial planning and analysis.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from Corporate FP&A for HDNA operations financial information.
- Develops additional financial reports by accessing the SAP/HFM/AO system.
- Additional projects as requested by the Director of Operations FP&A and senior management.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in strategic financial planning within a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
Qualifications and KSA’s for employment:
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
Solid knowledge of product cost development.
Solid knowledge of and demonstrated use of the principles of cost accounting.
Solid knowledge of the principles of establishing profit/cost margins.
Basic knowledge of the use and preparation of proforma statements.
Solid knowledge of multi-level pricing.
Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Expert knowledge of computer use and software such as, Word and Excel.
Solid knowledge of SAP and the extrapolation of data for costing purposes.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
Ability to analyze cause and effect relationships in a problem and develop resolution alternatives.
Ability to gather and synthesize financial information from several sources to prepare proforma statements.
Ability to control emotions and maintain consistent performance under pressure, uncertainty or opposition.
Ability to multi- task and independently prioritize work
Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas include:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical (Kaiser or Cigna), dental (Delta Dental), a vision plan (VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more.
Anticipated pay range for this role depending on experience- $68,500- $84,900 with a 10% discretionary bonus.
Changeability: Management of Hunter Douglas, Inc. – Window Fashions Division reserves the right to modify, change, or eliminate this job description at any time, with or without notice.