Flexo Press Operator
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world.
The Flexo Solutions facility has printed and formed fabrics into the signature Honeycomb shape in Appleton, WI since 2003. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
We are looking to fill the following position:
Location: Appleton, WI
As a Press Operator, you will perform all press functions needed to convert raw materials into first quality printed coils used in the Shadewinding Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties related to the complete operation of the Press. Some of these duties include: securing raw materials, operating the auto splicer, webbing the press, changing aniloxes, tint sleeves and enclosed chambers, setting the slitters, operating the rewind station, stacking finished coils.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and PPE requirements; actively participate in safety initiatives.
- Perform all required quality testing such as: color matching, size and caliper measurements.
- Hot calendar material.
- Mix and dispense water-based ink used in flexo press.
- Perform necessary press maintenance.
- Troubleshoot press-related problems and issues.
- Utilize SAP to report all required testing and e-paperwork.
- Able to interact with other team members in a positive manner.
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed.
- Overtime as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Press Operator is a self-starter, motivated problem solver who is capable of working independently.
- Prior operational experience with flexo printing presses is required.
- Able to correctly match colors within the Pantone system.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Solid Troubleshooting Skills
- Solid Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance with HSA or FSA options, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, PTO, paid holidays, and a matching 401k plan.