Data and Payment Processor
Custom Brands Group, a division of Hunter Douglas, provides custom window treatments to businesses large and small. From pre-order solutions to after the sale service, our business can be a bit complicated and we’re looking for exceptional, service-minded individuals who love to make people’s lives easier. We know we’re winning when our products become our customers “go to” solution and our Customer Service team prides itself on helping our organization fulfill this goal.
Advance the Company core values, mission & vision statements through a combination of an understanding of the brand positioning, customer service strategy and a thorough understanding of standard policies reflective of the customers’ requirements.
The primary purpose of the Data and Payment Processor at Custom Brands Group/Levolor is to assist in ensuring expedience in invoicing & collections.
- Utilize vendor’s portal to download payment data (check remittances) and provide to posting clerk.
- Work with Finance Dept and others to understand policies needed to clear deductions and keep the client’s A/R Aging within company objectives.
- Charge-back unauthorized deductions.
- Enlist efforts of peripheral departments when necessary, including but not limited to sales & senior management, to accelerate account reconciliation process.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Deliver superior customer service to dealers & sales departments.
- Resolve client-billing issues and rescue accounts receivable in delinquency, expediently applying CBG/Levolor Customer Service practices, minimizing loss.
- Fulfill weekly & monthly reporting requirements as designated; review & monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports; fax/forward documents to accounts and follow-up.
- Provide feedback when prompted and/or pressing regarding day-to-day operations, and offer recommendations for improvements or enhancements to job processes to promote identification and elimination of account delinquency.
- Assist Credit Manager in realizing all departmental goals; periodic, sporadic, specific or other, as assigned.
1. Demonstrate superior spreadsheet capabilities, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel (other MS Suite programs are used in conjunction; thus, a similar proficiency is anticipated).
2. Practical knowledge of credit reporting & EDI payment systems.
3. Proficient in general computing (i.e. email/chat/internet navigation) and the capacity to become accomplished in SAP ERP, SAP CRM, Direct Web Intranet, ACD phone and other systems as required.
4. Demonstrable abilities in credit card & ACH processing via company system.
5. High school diploma/GED (or equivalent).
6.Two years’ (minimum) experience in high-volume corporate collections.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
− Applicable knowledge of billing & collections procedures.
− Familiarity with variety of payment methods, including but not limited to cash, check, credit,
electronic transfer and ACH.
− Requisite mathematical abilities.
− Effective written & verbal communication abilities.
− Commitment to punctuality & attendance.
− Problem solving/critical thinking abilities.
− Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects/tasks/deadlines simultaneously.
− Collaborative attitude; autonomous aptitude.
− Demonstrated proficiency in 10-key a plus.
− Proficient in English communication via written as well as auditory.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this position, however may not be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
− Ability to sit for several consecutive hours while manipulating standard office/call center equipment, machines and materials.
− Ability to speak & hear clearly, and to accurately transcribe the spoken word into succinct notational form.
− Normal, corrective vision range; ability to distinguish colors, letters, numbers and symbols.
− Ability to stand, crouch, bend & reach, and occasionally to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
The work environment described herein is typical of that which an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. This job operates within a standard office atmosphere. Noise level is typically quiet to moderate. There is little to no travel required for this position.