HunterDouglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, paid vacation, earned PTO, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:
This position will be responsible for various types of project management for new and existing products with an emphasis on the design and upgrade of automated assembly equipment to produce components and assemblies. The EE must be able to manage capital projects of automated manufacturing systems from justification to the implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Integrated Manufacturing or related field.
- 3+ years manufacturing environment with experience in automation.
- Strong project management, organization and problem solving skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with machine vision platforms in some of the following: Cognex Insight and Vision Pro, Keyence.
- Solid PLC and HMI programming experience in some of the following: AB SLC500, Contrologix5000, S7, PanelBuilder, RSView
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design and upgrade automated assembly equipment to produce components and assemblies.
- Project management for new and existing products.
- Assist and lead maintenance in diagnosing equipment problems and recommend methods to prevent re-occurrence of these issues.
- Optimize performance of automated equipment, inspection equipment and robotic work-cells.
- Develops project plans and capital appropriations requests. Prepares schedules, budgets and tracks progress while keeping the internal customers informed on project status.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide electrical/mechanical installation support and technical expertise during project implementation, current projects and future improvement projects.
- Must be able to evaluate and define the processes failure(s), supporting root cause analysis, and facilitating the corrective action for advanced automation systems. This includes the development equipment specifications and the ability to work with a wide variety of external suppliers to obtain quotations.
- Create training instructions and standard operating procedures for use in equipment implementation. Train plant production and technical departments on the operations and maintenance of new equipment.
- Responsible for adherence to all industry, and/or regulatory procedures.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Interested applicants please submit resume and salary requirements.
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer