Flexo Solutions, a division of Hunter Douglas located in Appleton, Wisconsin is seeking a Senior Buyer/Planner. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company and make an impact immediately in this newly created position!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage long term and short term material planning and purchasing activities to support a vertically integrated supply chain.
- Ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity.
- Deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements.
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilize SAP and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required. Analyze materials data for the purpose of developing analytical tools that enhance turns performance and minimize stock outs
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimize obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives
- Support supplier meetings ensure supplier has capacity for forecasted demand
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with Supply Chain Leadership
- Work with finance to resolve invoicing/payments issues
- Follow up on past due PO’s for the division
- Integrate S&OP in to supply planning
- Extensive knowledge and working experience with SAP (Material Requirements Planning) systems
- 5 years of materials planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
Flexo Solutions offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA or HSA plans, Short Term and Long Term Disability, 401k with a company match, Paid Time Off.
Amanda Patoka, HR Manager