Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine-decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About The Role- The Fabrication Industrial Engineer is responsible for: Use your creative talents to decrease complexity in various jobs while increasing value throughout the organization. Your customers will depend on your ability to understand processes, decrease wastes in the value stream and improve their abilities to perform their job with high quality. You will find your assignments challenging you will be on call to support various plants. To be successful, you will need to perform labor standard studies, mathematical modeling techniques, communicate accurately to all levels of the organization and deploy Lean Manufacturing concepts. In addition, you will work with a great team, feel valued by your customers and peers, and have travel to see products, processes and plants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform direct time studies, MOST method studies, data-mine data from an Oracle data base, and utilize Excel VBA to create earned labor standards by operation.
- Create department equipment capacity mathematical models and simulations
- Develop reporting to service Finance, Production and Senior Management
- Learning software development in Oracle 11g and VB .NET
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Industrial Engineering Degree, Manufacturing Systems Engineering Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Lean Management and Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience in Custom Fabrication. Fabrication of Blinds, Shades or Shutters is a plus
- Experience performing labor standards, Excel skills, experience with simulation software a plus
- 20 % travel required, Normal Work and On Call Support
- Work well in a team, respect others, and have and maintain high level of trust
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, which will require your time on some nights and weekends.