Manager, Marketing Programs
About The Position:
Our mission is to enable world-class marketing and lead generation success among the over 5,000 dealers within the Hunter Douglas North America network. This is achieved by development and execution of consumer-facing marketing programs that are communicated directly to consumers and/or delivered to dealers for local execution.
The Marketing Manager role will report directly to the Senior Director of Retail Marketing Programs to deliver marketing programs that drive leads and consumer sales to the dealer network, while assisting in building a category-leading brand for Hunter Douglas across North America.
This individual will be responsible for a variety of marketing activities that will rotate over time, including programs such as pioneering development & testing of innovative lead generating marketing programs, strategic planning & execution of national consumer promotions, developing consumer-focused collateral and advertising materials, planning and executing trade shows & events, overseeing branded merchandise selection and distribution strategies, championing selection or development of new digital tools or vendors to support dealer advertising and promotions.
We’re looking for a collaborative team-oriented professional with a solid knowledge of marketing principles rooted in driving consumer behavior -- with a proven ability to use such knowledge to reinforce brand strength and drive sales growth. This role involves direct engagement with a variety of HD dealers, therefore a deeply collaborative mindset along with excellent communication and active listening skills are critical.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pioneering development & testing of innovative lead generating marketing programs.
- Propose new program strategies; collaborate with internal Digital Marketing and/or IT teams to leverage existing and emerging lead capture technologies.
- Responsible for development of associated creative assets and program communication to the internal sales team and to participating dealers.
- Manage development and measurement of success criteria, track execution, and utilize learnings to propose optimizations for future implementation.
- Strategic planning and execution of consumer promotions.
- Collaborating with sales team and dealers to understand local promotional support needs and developing plan to execute
- Analyzing sales data to determine trends and proposing strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Managing creative team to develop best-in-class promotion communication materials.
- Developing consumer-focused collateral and advertising materials
- Survey dealers and/or other internal sales or product team members to determine collateral needs and develop strategy to support them.
- Manage creative development process by developing comprehensive briefs to direct internal creative services team. Manage ad material vendor providers and ensure dissemination technology is optimized.
- Track communication/collateral utilization to understand usage patterns and evaluate optimization initiatives.
- Planning and executing high visibility external trade shows & internal events.
- Lead coordination between event support vendors and internal teams to align on show objectives
- Manage show execution including oversight for activities such as high-impact product display design/installation, theme/agenda/meeting content development, and signage/graphics execution.
- Management of brand merchandising and advertising material development and distribution. Including maintaining online tools/sites for turnkey dealer utilization.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Degree in Communications/Marketing preferred)
- 5+ years marketing/brand management experience in a consumer-focused company
- Strong track record of collaboration with sales teams and/or retail partners
- Demonstrated success in development of consumer marketing communications
- Proven ability to drive successful traditional & digital advertising content
- Successful collaboration with outside agencies and/or suppliers
- Experience in developing/organizing trade show/event experiences is a plus
- Previous experience in small business management is a plus.
- Results-oriented and pro-active leadership style
- Displays strong sense of urgency and takes full ownership of projects
- Strong strategic thinking ability
- Highly collaborative work style
- Solid analytics and attention to detail
- Deep consumer empathy
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint/Excel/Word
About Hunter Douglas:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture – all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, a world leader in home furnishings and architectural products.
Our 100+ year history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company, and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.