Carole Fabrics is looking for an organized, friendly, creative and detail-orientated Merchandising Assistant to join the Merchandising and Marketing Team in office in Augusta, Georgia.
- A Bachelor's degree in Textiles, Merchandising and/or Design or equivalent years of professional experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Candidate must display a positive, can-do attitude and be an active team player.
- Able to interact and engage with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate acts as a brand representative when interacting with external business partners.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Candidate must have high degree of flexibility and a track record of quickly adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills for managing multiple tasks and projects at once.
- Ability to build effective relationships with vendors and interface with various levels of management.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Shows a strong passion for creative design including interiors, art, and color.
The Merchandising Assistant’s functions relate to product selection, merchandising, sample coordination, vendor communication, presentations, photography and other projects.
• Assists in product sample coordination, organization and maintenance
• Assists in maintaining vendor communication
• Assists in sample coordination in photography
• Participates and is responsible for taking detailed notes during key meetings
• Assists team in preparing materials and setting up for key meetings - may include ordering product samples, creating presentations, photography and mood boards
• Potential involvement in presentations on new product introductions, line reviews, and current style updates during internal and external meetings.
• Responsible for understanding the competitive environment, color trends, home furnishings and product trends.
• Supports and Assists Marketing in building merchandise strategies to be used on social media
• Responsible for understanding the company strategic goals and supports the organization in achieving short and long term goals. Assists in ensuring that the product interpretation delivers against the Brand Strategy.
• Interacts with various departments beyond Merchandising and Marketing including Sales, Customer Service and Manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time