Shipping & Receiving Operator
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world.
The Flexo Solutions facility has printed and formed fabrics into the signature Honeycomb shape in Appleton, WI since 2003. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
We are looking to fill the following position:
As a Shipping and Receiving Operator, you are responsible for operating material handling equipment to perform various logistical duties for incoming materials, outbound materials, finished goods, and other warehouse movements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely utilize material handling equipment (sitdown lift, standing lift, walkie) to transport raw material or finished goods to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and storage areas.
- Accurately pull materials and quantities against customer orders.
- Prepare finished goods for shipment by palletizing and banding cartons securely for safe transit.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and PPE requirements; actively participate in safety initiatives.
- Interact with other team members in a professional manner.
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed.
- Overtime as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The Shipping/Receiving Material Handler is a self-starter, highly detailed, motivated individual who is capable of working independently.
- Experience in driving forklift.
- Shift work of 8 to 12 hours may be required. Overtime as needed.
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Good Addition/ and Subtraction Skills
- Able to receive and maintain certification through our internal forklift program.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance with HSA or FSA options, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, PTO, paid holidays, and a matching 401k plan.