Human Resources Generalist
From the business advantages we provide our retailers to the career paths we offer employees, Custom Brands Group (CBG) is a place of exciting growth. In 1992, CBG was acquired by Hunter Douglas. With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, CBG provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
Join our fun, innovative, hard driving team!!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR team and leaders supporting several locations and remote sales teams. The HR Generalist role requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. Generalist duties include all areas of recruitment, employment, compensation, performance management, employee relations, training, development, compliance, and benefits.
- Performs all aspects of the recruiting function working with hiring managers. Develops position specifications, posts openings, screens candidates, coordinates interview schedules, communicates final decisions to candidates
- Coordinates employee onboarding activities, employee orientations, and other employee-related programs.
- Creates and analyzes reports on recruiting activity and results
- Manages and Coordinates the Internship program Partners with the HR team on continuous improvement of human resource functions (i.e. staffing, compensation and benefits administration, employment law, policy administration, employee relations, organizational development, change management, etc.)
- Administer HR policies and practices to ensure equitable uniform application and compliance with State and Federal laws and company policies and procedures. (e.g. FMLA, FLSA, ADA)
- Manage employee relations; including investigations and corrective actions.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs in a timely manner.
- Develops and delivers informational presentations and training programs
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Assists in the coordination of training and organizational development programs as related to human resources and personnel law.
- Maintains, and updates all departmental forms and process flows.
- Maintains confidential record keeping and reporting.
- Monitors unemployment claims and appeals process.
- Manages the open enrollment process for employees. Includes coordinating communication tools (packet preparation) and open enrollment meetings.
- Maintains and monitors the exit and stay interviews.
- All other duties as assigned by management such as special projects, job descriptions, HR procedure manual maintenance etc.
A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent & effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivation / Initiative & Follow-Up
- Able to successfully work independently
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Custom Brands Group, a division of Hunter Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply
Annual Salary Range = 58k – 70k