Supply Network Planner (Plastics)
GREAT OPPORTUNITY! Position is located in Owensboro, KY.
Network Supply Planner
(Supply Planning/Material Planning/Production Planning/ Inventory Production Planning)
This job is both tactical and strategic. The primary function of the Network Supply Planner is to effectively manage the material planning and purchasing activities associated with the assigned SKU’s across all sites and divisions that use the materials. This position is directly responsible for the inventory turns, inventory levels and stock outs resulting in customer backorders for the assigned SKU’s in addition to routine reporting, data analysis and development of network relationships. This role will be strategic in how the individual manages their materials and their relationships in regard to the Life Cycle of their network materials.
Note: Network Supply Planner must be able to effectively collaborate with, but have no general bias toward any department, location, division, or supplier. Their goal is to satisfy the customer and to maximize the efficiency of the network they plan.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or Exceed Inventory goals as set by the centralized directive for the categories that are being planned. This will be accomplished by reviewing and maintaining a balanced inventory at each site in the network using system parameters and guidelines. The parameters include but are not limited to:
- Safety Stock Levels at each site. This should be reviewed on a quarterly basis for accuracy.
- Delivery Lead Times (DLT) at the material Master and the Purchasing Info Record (PIR) level. This will vary by site and transportation lane.
- Maintain minimum and maximum order quantity setting. This can vary between the manufacturing location and the STO locations. As a rule, the manufacturing minimum levels (EOQ) are higher than the sites that pull from the production site.
- Review and set STO and PO delivery tolerances.
- Maintain all other planning master data that drives inventory and planning decisions.
- Create Stock Transfer Orders to balance the network against demand. Where expedites are required, this role will be responsible for adjusting the orders as well. Use of system alerts MD07 and ME5A will greatly assist in this activity.
- Maintain acceptable on-time performance levels both internally and externally where the category/skus planned would have an impact.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing locations on capacity, constraints, and stocking availability. Where capacity conflicts occur, the network planner is responsible for providing prioritization to the production scheduling teams.
- Maintain contact and collaborate with Division Supply Chain, Product management, and Engineering on New Product Introduction, End of Life plans, and Engineering Changes for the materials they manage.
- Where shortages in materials exist and limit the ability to fulfill demand across the network, the Network Supply Planner is responsible for balancing inventory between sites and providing ‘Gatekeeper’ feedback to shipping.
- Provide Demand feedback to the demand and planning BOM teams to ensure forecast accuracy. Where great differences occur and the PBOM update does not capture the changes, the VC and Brand team will also be notified.
- Actively participate in the Supply Agreement Meeting for the categories that the Network Supply Planner is responsible for.
- Where automated STO conversions occur, the Network Supply Planner is responsible for the quarterly review of master data and forecast detail to ensure safe use of ME59N.
- Test new system development focused on planning and procurement.
- This individual is expected to be an active participant in all projects related to and impacting their materials and their network.
- On a monthly basis, provide detailed data on inventory turns, levels, backorders and slow moving and obsolete inventories. Assists in the development, maintenance and reporting of materials metrics.
- Use all available SAP reporting capabilities to analyze materials data for the purpose of developing analytical tools that enhance turns performance and minimize stock outs.
- Keeps materials management informed of pertinent and relevant activity occurring in the assigned SKU’s both with suppliers and fabrication sites through regular reports and meetings. Tie in to the Supply Agreement Meeting.
- Resolve supplier and fabrication plant issues in a timely manner and one that is, balanced and satisfactory to all parties. This position is in direct line for issue escalation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain
- 3 – 5 years supply planning, internal purchasing, material planning, and knowledge of production planning experience or similar role.
- Software Competency – Must be proficient standard Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, and Word.
- Solid understanding of SAP material planning and purchasing transactions.
HunterDouglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The HunterDouglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981.
Hunter Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply