Custodian Level 1
Posted: May 17th, 2019
Custodian Level 1
(2:15 PM to 10:45 PM)
About the role:
As the Custodian at Hunter Douglas it will be your responsibility to clean, organize, replenish stock, and manage catering deliveries for five buildings. This role offers variety as you will rotate between buildings and encounter new challenges often. We have a team of outstanding custodians that are in need of extra help. Not only will you perform regular custodial services inside and outside the facility you will also ensure a clean and safe work environement. Your surroundings will consist of employees who are passionate about the work they do within the company.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent
Must have 1-2 years of custodial experience in a large facility
- Performs all duties listed on shift specific checklist report.
- Cleans and restocks bathrooms, cafeterias and coffee bars.
- Makes coffee for coffee bars and cafeterias.
- Operates floor machines to include wet/dry vacuums and carpet vacuums.
- Wash interior windows as required.
- Remove snow from walkways and spread ice melt chemicals as required.
- Collect and dispose of trash. Police all entrances for trash.
- Sweep and mop floors. Dust chairs, window ledges and desktops.
- Assist in relocating personnel and furniture throughout all facilities.
- Greet caterers delivering food for meetings. Escort to appropriate classroom or conference room. Contact Supervisor or Lead with concerns. Remove catering items after meeting. Clean classroom or conference room.
- Provide drinks and snacks for meetings that are requested through Roommate report.
- Understanding of Material Safety Data procedures.
- Training in Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Perform other duties as assigned which could include availability to work an occasional weekend
QUALIFICATIONS AND KSA’S FOR EMPLOYMENT
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
Ability to maintain composure in high profile, pressure situations.
Ability to communicate in English with WFD employees for an understanding of customer requests .
Ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
Basic knowledge of the custodial environment, cleaning procedures and cleaning supplies.