HunterDouglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, paid vacation, earned PTO, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Automation)
This position will work closely with automated and semi-automated assembly machines in the assembling of product. The primary responsibility will be to troubleshoot the machines to correct production issues and problems to keep the equipment running quality product. May need to be familiar with PLC, automation and robotics. Must be able to work any shift. Skill requirements and primary responsibilities include:
- Solid interpersonal skills to communicate with many different people
- Solid knowledge of basic mathematics to read measuring devices such as calipers and performs basic addition, subtraction of whole numbers and fractions.
- Post-secondary technical training in machine technology a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years experience troubleshooting, operating and performing maintenance/repair on manual and automated assembly equipment.
- 2 years experience working with new assembly product development including basic fixturing design, assembly methodology, developing work instructions, and solid communication with machinist level technicians on new tooling, fixtures and repairs is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office suite, CAD and other applications – Must be very organized.
- Satisfactorily operate powered industrial trucks
- Operate and perform maintenance on a variety of equipment in assembly including Pad Printing machine, Sonic Welder, Riveter, Automated and Semi-Automated machines. Includes maintenance required in preventing and resolving machine jams and other related malfunctions.
- Assist department manager with new product development. (Quotes, FMEA forms, fixturing and process improvements)
- Assist maintenance and tooling in troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment.
- Ability to operate and perform maintenance on all auto machines including changeover of machines that produce different versions.
- Review all problems with operator on the previous and subsequent shift on all tasks assigned.
- Notifies supervisor of any machine failure or quality discrepancies.
- Must maintain valid powered industrial truck operators permit
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer