Director of Workforce Management & Experience
Director of Workforce Management and Experience
You are a continuous-improvement minded leader with the vision, energy, and passion to generate new ideas and models to drive business results and best in class customer experience. You will possess a successful track record of transforming B2B and B2C organizations to drive business growth and increased productivity. We value progressive leadership experience in a highly engaged and customer-oriented business environment. This role will provide the opportunity to build effective internal and external relationships at all levels. You should be financially astute, a business savvy leader, someone who embraces change, and has a track record of using their interpersonal skills and technical knowledge to build from the ground up.
About the Role:
The Director of Workforce Experience is a senior level leader within the Hunter Douglas Customer Experience organization and specifically, Customer Support. The primary focus for this position is overseeing a workforce management function, a centralized command center team, and the administration of the contact center telephony operations. This leader will manage activities required to sustain a productive, cost-effective, and engaged workforce. In addition, the Director of Workforce Experience will manage a command center function to develop and distribute all operational reporting needs for both consumer, customer, and technical support teams. The third component of the team will be to provide oversight and management of the contact center telephony platform and program administration. The role is a blend of customer support operations and workforce management administration, but will also require cross-functional collaboration with the senior management of both Customer Support and Customer Experience.
The Director is required to manage all customer contact channels, including phone, email, chat, social, and new and emerging technologies. This team will manage both Customer and Consumer Support functions, with approximately 250 seats across multiple locations and an increasing number of remote agents.
The unique aspect of this role at Hunter Douglas is that the Director of Workforce Experience is that he/she is also responsible for expanding and influencing the customer support representative’s experience. An effective WFM strategy should promote and influence overall employee engagement and satisfaction while at the same time, accountability. He/she will work closely with CX leadership on the hiring, performance management, and employee experience to reduce turnover.
What You’ll Do:
Develop a holistic Customer Experience Workforce Management strategy for the operation:
● Oversees capacity planning, forecasting, and scheduling.
● Advances strategic workforce planning capabilities, methodologies, and tactics to enable scalability and support the efficient and cost-effective delivery of Hunter Douglas business strategy.
● Develops omni-channel forecasting and planning capabilities.
● Identifies, analyzes, remediates, and/or modifies operational process changes, excess capacity, defects in workforce models and forecasts.
● Oversees Workforce Management (WFM) reporting and analysis.
● Identifies and implements technology and other tools to improve workforce planning and workforce management.
Identify and develop CX KPIs that drive business outcomes:
● Recommends, develops, and implements metrics and other measurements for workforce productivity, ROI, schedule efficiency, etc. to improve business results.
● Provides strategic thought leadership and drives continuous improvement through reporting and analytics.
Builds out a best-in-class contact center technology platform that provides a superior customer experience:
● Collaborates with CX leadership to ensure alignment of initiatives and the successful delivery of the CX strategies, including all CX functions.
● Leverages technology that will make it easy for customers to contact Hunter Douglas and route interactions to the most appropriate customer support representatives.
● Introduces new technologies to capture the reason for contact, resolution path, and collaborates with other leaders to leverage SFDC (CRM) as the system of interaction.
Acts as a senior leader of the Customer Support Management team and works daily to advance our objectives and business requirements.
What You’ll Have:
● 7-10 years management experience within contact centers, workforce management, and contact center telephony systems. Demand planning, forecasting, and capacity planning for multi-site and WFH models.
● 5+ years managerial experience in building contact center operational teams.
● Experience with both B2B and B2C organizations with revenue of $700M+.
● Experience in designing systems and processes that benefits the employee experience and designs programs that reduces turnover and drives employee engagement.
● Technology experience with industry leading WFM, contact center platforms, and reporting technology tools (Verint, Nice, Genesys, Cisco, Five 9, Talk Desk, InContact, SAP, Salesforce, Tableau, data warehouse tools, Business Intelligence, etc.). Must be proficient in Microsoft Office/ Google Suite applications, and ideally, most modern SaaS solutions and applications.
Recommended Hiring Range - $140,000 - $170,000
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!