Sr. Engineer - Six Sigma Black Belt
Six Sigma Black Belt
The Hunter Douglas Business Excellence group will hire for the first time a full-time Six Sigma Black Belt Expert that will be based out of either our Broomfield, Colorado office or our Salt Lake City office. This position will lead Six Sigma improvement projects and help shape and lead the Hunter Douglas Six Sigma process at our company-owned fabrication and manufacturing plants located across the United States and Canada. This is an opportunity to use your expertise and guidance leading, motivating and influencing project teams and implement the Hunter Douglas Six Sigma vision. If you have a history of leading multiple successful projects and enjoy working with teams across a diverse spectrum of culture and environments, then this role may be for you.
You are certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, have Six Sigma training/tools and Design for Six Sigma training/tools and system knowledge. You are a successful leader, an influencer and have demonstrated impacting change at all levels of an organization. You enjoy being a part of a team and mentoring and coaching others. You have experience designing and implementing training programs, have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- A four-year degree in Engineering, Statistics or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years in a quantitative role – Engineering, Process Re-Engineering, Quality Assurance.
- 5 or more years Six Sigma experience leading various projects of significant value, length and complexity in a design and manufacturing organization REQUIRED.
- Leading high impact Six Sigma/Quality Improvement projects.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors all employees, to include Green Belts and business leaders.
- Applying Six Sigma tools and techniques to customer issues, design and manufacturing processes.
- Data analysis and translation of data/statistics into tangible business decisions using data modeling and statistical analysis tools and methods.
- Analyzes and identify process improvement opportunities and partner with key stakeholders to scope and ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated, and benefits are validated.
- Provides expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
- Deliver Improvement projects with positive gain.
- Manage a portfolio of improvement projects, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained, and benefits are realized.
Other facilities include: Tupelo, Mississippi, Owensboro, Kentucky, Bessemer City, North Carolina, Cumberland, Maryland, Sacramento, California and Brampton, Canada. Travel will be approximately 50%.
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
To view a video about Hunter Douglas’ history of innovation please go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QS3ljwG2jw
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas include:
- Accrued paid time off based on years of service, other family time off benefits available
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan, Life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, Dependent life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution
- Employee development including education tuition assistance
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, dependent scholarships and more!
Pay range for this role:
$115,000 - $135,000 with a 10% discretionary bonus Broomfield, CO location
$112,000 - $130,000 with a 10% discretionary bonus Salt Lake City, UT location
Changeability: Management of Hunter Douglas, Inc. – Window Fashions Division reserves the right to modify, change, or eliminate this job description at any time, with or without notice.