Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications
Position: Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: VP, Marketing and R&D
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and sizable window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Communications (MarComm) provides strategic leadership in the development and execution of integrated marketing communications that support the brand and business strategy for LEVOLOR and private label brands. Working closely with the agency and leaders of the Product and Trade Marketing teams, this position is responsible for overseeing the creative production needed to support brand-building initiatives, new product launches, and customer-specific marketing programs. The Senior Manager, Marketing Communications is charged with leading and building the capabilities of the internal creative services group, while also helping to manage agency relationships and other outside suppliers needed to support business needs. Reporting to this position is a team of Project & Marketing Managers, Graphic Designers and Copywriters. The Senior Manager, Marketing Communications reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and R&D.
- Provides counsel to, and works with, the VP of Marketing and Product teams for each product category in development of brand strategy and activation plans.
- Leads LEVOLOR brand strategy, execution and reporting/optimization
- Manages agency on planning and execution of consumer marketing campaign that includes publisher content partnerships, TV/video, programmatic, SEM, social, to name a few
- Leadership - mentor and develop team of direct reports responsible for executing integrated communications projects and programs. Build and implement career development plans for the team. Establish and foster a strong team environment focused on delivering excellence in marketing communications support as well as instilling a culture of process improvement and enhanced productivity and internal client service. Elevates the role and strategic value of MarComm within the organization.
- Process management – establish and/or improve key processes required to ensure projects are executed on-time and on budget producing high quality deliverables that strengthen the Décor brands.
- Brand Stewardship--Insures that all individuals who are responsible for creation and production of branded material, inside and external to the company, are properly calibrated to brand positioning, visual identity, and imaging. Leads development and implementation of brand standards to assure a strong, integrated brand presence across all packaging, media platforms, and in-store environments. Works collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to insure an overall cohesive brand presence across all touch points.
- Manages department budget for marketing communications and creative services.
- Establishes and maintains connection with internal project requestors to clearly define project scope and to execute to plan.
- Develops superior working relationships with cross-functional team members, counterparts within other cross-functional teams and with agency partners.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting individual deadlines and business timing requirements.
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field, with 10+ years of marketing communications / marketing services experience
- Solid track record of brand and communication design experience, with substantial exposure to a wide variety of disciplines, including brand strategy, identity development, print and digital marketing materials, website development, packaging, merchandising and collateral materials
- Prior experience leading a team (3+ people)
- Team builder with consummate management and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing a Brand Aesthetic or Brand Standards guide for a package/consumer goods company
- Experience activating a brand in a retail store environment and optimizing the consumer shopping experience
- Ability to see bigger picture- demonstrates business acumen
- Attention to detail and results oriented
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Provide impeccable customer service to internal clients at all levels; be courteous, prompt, and timely
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet multiple, competing deadlines
- Strong aesthetic sense and an intuitive understanding of what makes a great consumer merchandising experience
- Excellent presentation skills and an
- Current knowledge of global design trends and experience in the décor/interior design market are desirable
- Consumer goods and retail experience a plus interest in building open, trusting client relationships
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, etc)
- Window Coverings Industry experience preferred.
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.