About the Company:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine-decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About The Role- The Fabrication Process Engineer is responsible for:
Process definition, standardization and compliance for fabrication operations. The position will work as a division engineer ensuring process control, manage and drive improvements and changes focused on optimizing quality and costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and create standard work for fabrication departments.
- Monitor process and operators for adherence to standard.
- Analyze, monitor and improve performance of operations related metrics (e.g. Efficiency, Escape Quality, Rework, Work in Process, Scrap, etc.).
- Standardize processes across division plants.
- Drive continuous improvement activities within operations processes.
- Report and perform root cause analysis on top issues.
- Work with MFG Division on specifications and standardization.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network reducing costs, improving quality, and increasing efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or work experience equivalent.
- 5-10 years of Engineering, Quality, and/or Operations management.
- Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma training/certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Ability to enforce process discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment to manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement practices
- Experience in continuous improvement tools such as Kaizen, 5S, one-piece-flow, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand issues, get to root cause and plan corrective actions.