Hunter Douglas is the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions and a major manufacturer of architectural products. The belief that great design informs all design is the driving philosophy of our company. It fuels our ongoing development of new and proprietary products that lend exceptional beauty and style to the décor while also providing technologically advanced solutions to everyday practical needs, such as insulation at the window, managing natural light, the convenience of motorization, enhanced child safety, sound absorption and much more. Some may think of it as just covering a window. At Hunter Douglas, we see it as The Art of Window Dressing™.
We are looking for a Product Manager with 5+ year’s product management and consumer product development experience. B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or equivalent is necessary.
- Lead new product development activities, working with key individuals across the organization to drive projects from initiation to successful product launches.
- An understanding of trends in décor, furniture, cabinetry, or fashion-related consumer products where design trends are instrumental in growing market share is important.
- Work as a liaison with inside creative resources and outside agencies/suppliers to develop industry leading sales tools and collateral including; presentations, sample kits, videos, sell sheets, reference guides, and other items as necessary.
- Ability to prepare, lead and analyze results from focus groups to verify product strategies and make recommendations for changes to ensure successful product launches.
- Analyze product sales and competitive products and make recommendations on product strategies to drive sales.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to present to small, medium and large sized groups.
- Keen understanding of product life cycle management.
- Ability to comprehend technical information and data.
This candidate must be a team player, have a solid analytical background, ability to lead cross functional meetings, a strong attention to detail and multi-task projects in a fast paced environment. Must be Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.