Regional Sales Manager, High Rise Developments
About The Role:
The primary function of the Regional Sales Manager is to expand and diversify the company’s market penetration, its customer base, and identify new business opportunities to achieve the company’s sales expectations with Residential High-Rise Developments. Establish the go-to market strategy and coordinate with the HD Fabrication Field Sales organization in defined U.S. and Canada Sales Regions.
The Regional Sales Manager – High-Rise Developments is responsible for the sales volume, sales growth, sales pipeline, relationship management and profitability of the residential high-rise business in the defined sales regions. This individual will directly influence the pricing and product selection strategies while working with the key decision makers at the targeted residential development firms. Additionally, the Regional Sales Manager will partner with and work alongside the Hunter Douglas Fabrication sales management teams within the defined regions, develop partnerships with local dealers and ensure an end-to-end seamless experience for the end consumer.
This position will identify new business opportunities, negotiate and close strategic business deals and must have extensive knowledge of the residential high-rise channel, market conditions, industry organizations, and high-rise developer relationships.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve annual sales growth targets through the development and execution of aligned channel strategies.
- Establish relationships with top high-rise residential developers in targeted markets. Understand and communicate the specific opportunities within each developer’s pipeline of property developments.
- Create a business case and plan that is unique to each property and present to the targeted developer to secure alignment and placement in the targeted property development.
- Drive alignment between the developer and the local dealer partner overseeing the order fulfillment, measurement and installation.
- Establish a curated product selection for each property including finalized pricing.
- Enable the overall project success by providing immediate mediation by the dealer for any buyers that choose product selections that are outside of the curated assortment.
- Provide continuous feedback on the effectiveness of specification tools and provide recommendations for ongoing improvement and needs of the field.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with key developers and firms and create a portfolio of contacts within each target market. Create a Salesforce database of contacts and key influencers and maintain up to date records including meetings, opportunities and actions.
- Track ongoing projects within a project pipeline in Salesforce and maintain confidence levels based upon pre-established confidence parameters.
- Provide monthly forecasts to the business for open projects with a 12 month rolling forecast and schedule.
- Maintain communication and coordination with local GSM’s, RSM’s and DSM’s regarding projects specified within each territory.
- Network and participate in industry trade shows and associations as required.
- Provide competitive insights and feedback regarding products, pricing and best practices.
- Identify product and pricing gaps and make recommendations based upon the needs of the market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant business development experience within the high-rise development channel.
- Proven sales record with strong relationships and network of influential developers, builders, and contractors in a key market.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and General CRM tools.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Adaptability – Performs a variety of tasks and is able to change assignment or direction on short notice with a sense of urgency. Also displays a willingness to learn when new ideas and concepts are presented.
- Articulate Communication – Ability to express him or herself clearly and effectively by all communication methods during individual meetings, group meetings, and presentations.
- Strategic Thinking – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action leading to timely decisions or recommendations based upon logical interpretation of all available data.
- Self-Driven – Works well without close supervision and takes personal satisfaction in job performance. Finds motivation by meeting objectives and surpassing goals without daily direction.
- Organization – Coordination of daily tasks to discover priorities while managing all ongoing requests within in an appropriate time.
- Influential – Able to convey product and program information with a confident and persuasive delivery by using appropriate and creative methods and styles of communication to gain acceptance of a proposal or new concept.
- Resilience – Maintains effectiveness and a positive attitude in the face of disappointment or rejection.
- Cooperation – Works well with others by taking time to help customers and co-workers to achieve their objectives and goals while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ethics and Character – Conducts business at all times with professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- High Energy – Establish and maintain high activity levels.
The Regional Sales Manager’s time is largely unsupervised and requires a high degree of self-discipline to be productive. Out of town and overnight travel is very common. Use of company expenses within guidelines is mandatory. Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License, and a good driving record, is a condition of continued employment.
Regional Sales Manager must at all times be in compliance with all company policies and directives.