HunterDouglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:
This position supports the Maintenance department by acquiring needed parts and materials for various type manufacturing machines and equipment through the SAP purchasing system. The position will also maintain maintenance files and paperwork. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must keep work area clean, neat and free of clutter, must be able to organize work efficiently.Required Skills and Experience:
- 2 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ experience in Maintenance environment a plus
- Knowledge of industrial repair parts procurement preferred. Will need to able to identify the correct product needed and obtain it.
- Experience with SAP, and Microsoft Office or similar system (strong working ability with spreadsheets and Access database programming) needed
- Business acumen and knowledge of general business practices
- Self starter with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong communication skills with ability to maintain excellent relations with OEM vendors and technical employees
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task and determine priorities
- Enter purchase requisitions in SAP from Maintenance dept. employees.
- Outsource requested items by telephone and internet for the best price and delivery from several vendors.
- Issue and track Request for Quotes as required
- Verify, distribute, and/or inventory incoming deliveries and shipments, as well as, ensure goods are received and delivered to correct location.
- Update and report critical parts inventory and
- Maintain the accuracy of the inventory. Tag parts accurately and keep stock area organized and neat.
- Update data base with purchased part information on all non-local and critical local items
- Coordinate disposition of all returned goods.
- Assist accounting on issues concerning purchases for Dept
- Initiate and process new equipment approval forms. Assign equipment numbers, add to plant equipment list, create PM`s, update LOTO, Arc Flash/Shock Hazard Analysis, Labeling etc.
- Develop new PMs for new equipment based on manufacturers’ specifications. Must be able to interpret operators manual to determine needed PMs for equipment. Edit and update existing PMs as needed.
- Create work instructions for PM's, and submit training records
- Schedule outside vendor PM`s
- Schedule annual, semi-annual, and quarterly tests, services, and inspections
- Maintain/Update SAP Maintenance Module information or other Maintenance software.
- Maintain work instructions for Maintenance. Updates and maintains all related forms.
- Use Access, Word, and Excel to create forms and reports and to record data and generate reports
- Look for opportunities to reduce costs
- Assist in the coordination of any other projects through the year
Candidates are responsible for taking an active role in plant-wide safety activities, have a solid work history and strong work ethic.
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer