The role: A great leader is an integral part of creating an environment that fosters job satisfaction and can make a huge impact on employee motivation and attitude. Great leaders care about their employees, care about the work they do, and care about finding ways to improve. Our hardworking 2nd shift is looking for a great leader. This person is someone who is motivated by improving efficiencies, solving problems, and helping others to thrive. Our team is full of positive, technically advanced employees who are hoping to have a strong and positive leader who will be a part of the team and help them to grow professionally while challenging them to be the best they can be. In official job description terms: The person in this role supervises all shift employees in a production facility and ensures that all company standards of product quality and production goals per shift are met in a safe manner. In short: The person in this role motivates, guides, and leads employees toward a common goal.
Acceptable experience and training:
- A college degree in a business-related field with production experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience- in a production type environment.
Solid knowledge of Capacity Planning – Equipment/Personnel against business needs.
Solid knowledge of the principles of training adult learners.
Solid knowledge of equipment operations, ISO standards, and work processes associated with production.
Solid knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
Solid knowledge of the use of computer software packages including Kaizen.net, SAP, Excel, Word, and Gmail.
Solid knowledge of documentation processes to include training, procedural, and performance based is highly preferred.
- Analyzes, adjusts, recommends and reports on necessary operational opportunities/ changes ensuring production goals are achieved.
- Reviews production needs and directs Team Coordinators with necessary recommendations to ensure production goals are met for the day.
- Addresses production needs such as, equipment malfunctions and breakdowns, problems encountered with materials to meet our production schedule.
- Reviews the previous day’s shift production performance with Team Coordinators.
- Continually addresses opportunities for improvement within production processes through a matrix-based root cause analysis.
- Monitors staffing needs by analyzing production schedule forecasts, open order rate and project support and makes staffing recommendations.
- Provides leadership and coaching to motivate and inspire employees.
- Develops individual growth and development plans for each employee.
- Records and monitors employee scheduling.
- Conducts team meetings to update team members on goals, solicit process improvement suggestions, and respond to employee inquiries.
- Meets with personnel from other departments to discuss and resolve problems that directly affect production goals.
- Communicates daily with employees on the shift
- Facilitate tier meetings utilizing Lean Management/Production principles to provide continuous interaction on a daily basis with all team members, and to assist them in achieving defined objectives and goals for production and product quality. Communicate departmental and organizational news as needed, along with individual and/or team recognition.
- Participates in discussions with multiple levels of leadership to identify team objectives and goals, and consistently reviews the progress toward those goals. Identifies areas of concern that contribute to deficiencies and takes necessary steps for corrective action.
- Ensures positive shift to shift communication within department, as well as other functional groups including Warehouse, Quality Assurance, Fabrication, Materials/Purchasing, Engineering/Maintenance.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical (Kaiser or Cigna), dental (Delta Dental), a vision plan (VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Pay range for this role:
$62,500 - $78,000 with a 10% discretionary bonus