Hunter Douglas is the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions and a major manufacturer of architectural products. Ever since we created the aluminum blind in 1946, we have continued to redefine our industry with award-winning revolutionary products that deliver extraordinary style and unrivaled functionality at the window. The belief that great design informs all design is the driving philosophy of our company. It fuels our ongoing development of new and proprietary products that lend exceptional beauty and style to the décor while also providing technologically advanced solutions to everyday practical needs, such as insulation at the window, managing natural light, the convenience of motorization, enhanced child safety, sound absorption and much more. Some may think of it as just covering a window. At Hunter Douglas, we see it as The Art of Window Dressing™.
This position will manage the execution of the Transportation Strategy as well as be an active participant within the Hunter Douglas North American (HDNA) transportation team. This position will reside in Atlanta Georgia and will report to the Director of Logistics, HDNA. The primary focus will be driving YOY Transportation savings as well as monitoring Transportation systems to drive routing productivity, as well as customs compliance.
Primary areas of focus for the Transportation department centers on achieving both best in class service and transportation cost advantages for all business locations. This manager must be experienced in the execution of transportation strategies in a fast paced and dynamic business environment. This management position will influence spend by initiating, developing and leading projects to control costs and compliance.
- Ensure customs compliance requirements are met for all shipments
- Support the execution of the strategic plan by leading transportation cost/service projects
- Develop and maintain a collaborative and positive relationship with all HDNA leadership teams to drive Transportation effectiveness within NA, and around the globe for Ocean freight
- Continually optimize best cost / best service relative to transportation by supporting the annual contract negotiation process
- Drive annual productivity and cost savings projects within NA and globally for Ocean
- Help to create a positive and winning culture within the Transportation team
- Support the development of standard operating procedures, performance reporting, and operating rhythm to foster a controlled and structured environment
- Manage network projects to assess the current state performance in order to optimize future state results, i.e. analysis of routes and leveraging volumes
- Help refine metrics - measures, monitors and develop performance reporting on an ongoing basis
- Assist Finance team in accurately reporting transportation costs for in-bound and out-bound
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Transportation and Logistics and project leadership assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent work experience.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access and SAP experience
- Must have leadership skills and experience managing staff
- Ability to work in a fast pace and team environment.
- Strong project management skills preferred
Hunter Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.