Electrician, Journeyman 1
Electrician Journeyman Level 1
Tuesday–Saturday (6:30 AM to 3:00 PM)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Electrician Journeyman it will be your responsibility to install and maintain electrical systems for services, feeders and branch circuits including service drops for production equipment. You will maintain, install or layout commercial electrical service equipment and feeders up to 480 volts @ 2000 amps and install/layout branch circuits for commercial and light industrial machine drops, warehouse and office power systems including the installation and maintenance of warehouse and office lighting systems. Other responsibilities include circuit identification on one line diagrams, panel schedules and branch circuits. Completing drawings and field material takeoffs for estimating and inventory control are part of the Electrician Journeyman’s job responsibility along with working with Engineering and Maintenance to provide wiring support for production equipment. You will assist the Electrical Supervisor in overseeing the work performed by outside contractors and will be using computer systems to track electrical work performed and supplies used.
Not only do you have strong written and verbal communication skills, but you also pay attention to detail and have the ability to multitask. You have expert knowledge of the NEC (National Electric Code) and have an understanding of the principles of wiring motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers and fuse boxes operating on AC/DC power systems. As an Electrician Journeyman you have knowledge in the installation of electrical panel boards, load centers, conduit conductors and power transformers. Lastly you have experience or basic knowledge of computer aided design programs and are able to document electrical schematics and design power distribution systems. As a Hunter Douglas Electrician Journeyman you will keep the right priorities when handling projects and work with other departments to find answers to current/ongoing problems. You are a self-started, are motivated, dependable and take pride in completing projects from start to finish at the best of your ability.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current certification as Journey Level Electrician with the state of Colorado is required.
- Work experience with power distribution systems up to 480v in a commercial /industrial environment is desired.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KSA’S FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Expert knowledge of safety procedures in working with electrical systems.
- Solid knowledge of computer use and software such as Word and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of the electrical safety standard N.F.P.A. 70e (Standard for electrical safety in the workplace)
- Solid knowledge of and ability to work with voltmeters, ohmmeters, ammeters and hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and machine controls.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on several projects at the same time.
- Ability to work in a group environment or alone at times
Benefits of Working for Hunter Douglas Include:
- 19 days of paid time off accrued yearly (13 regular & 6 sick time); 9 paid holidays, 6 weeks paid parental leave, 40 hours family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Hiring Range: $28.00 - $35.00, Discretionary Bonus Amount Included