We are looking to add a new member to our 4 person project management team after one of our amazing project managers moved into another role within our organization. At Hunter Douglas, we make custom luxury window coverings and our project managers work with our core product teams (Product Managers, Engineers, Materials, Textiles, Finance, and Operations) to enhance existing products and bring new product lines to market. Day to day in this role you will be facilitating meetings, creating schedules, helping to run problem-solving exercises, running risk mitigation exercises, and diving into key processes. You will be involved in the full product lifecycle. As a project manager with Hunter Douglas, you are critical to the project's success and will work to build a culture of trust and open communication through your flexible, collaborative, and improvement-focused project management style.
- As a project manager you engage your teams and guide them to solutions.
- You can adapt and change without getting flustered by deviations from the plan.
- You have the ability to effectively sell ideas and gain buy-in for changes.
- You create and maintain an atmosphere of trust and positivity among your project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven track record demonstrating exceptional organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects.
- CAPM or PMP certification is preferred
- Leadership experience within a cross-functional team environment is required.
- Ability to motivate and guide project teams.
- Ability to analyze numerical information to identify trends and distinguish discrepancies and inaccuracies in prepared reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop problem-solving techniques to improve upon job efficiency, workplace safety and overall production results.
- Ability to exhibit initiative to quickly learn and retain various cross-discipline information within a relatively short time period.
What you will do:
You will work with the Sr. Program Manager and other internal departments in the development and implementation of new product initiatives, and you will manage improvements to existing products. You will guide cross-functional groups to ensure all developmental tasks have been identified and are on schedule.
- Co-leads large-scale projects and advises on medium and small-scale projects.
- Ability to identify dependencies between tasks and effectively communicate impacts.
- Leads cross-functional teams through prioritization exercises.
- Works with functional groups to determine product development requirements and maintains project documentation.
- In conjunction with Product Management, develops scope documents for new product development, sustaining projects, cross-product initiatives or profitability initiatives.
- Ultimately responsible for delivering the project, identifying risk and working with the team for mitigation and ensuring on-time, on-cost, and high-quality delivery.
- Aides the team in resolving cross-functional issues at a project level.
- Gather data, input and opinion from cross-functional team members.
- Communicates information to individuals or the larger team as appropriate to drive decision making.
- Leverages overall project knowledge and interpersonal relationships in connecting key stakeholders to move a project forward.
- Lead challenging conversations with varying personalities to achieve a desirable outcome.
- Recognizes and leverages the values, ideas, abilities and contributions of others.
- Inspires and motivates others to take action.
New Product Development
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of product development processes and procedures.
- Responsible for organizing and facilitating phase reviews in accordance with the Product Development Process.
- Supports requirement gathering and analysis for assigned projects.
- Leverages the product platform and technical requirements as guiding documents for the project.
- Leads debrief exercises with the intent of identifying best practices, optimizing project management processes, and identifying standardization opportunities across the cross-functional teams.
- Aides the team in identifying the appropriate quality assurance deliverables during development.
- Supports prioritization of continuous improvement projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Works with Quality to ensure sustaining issues are addressed in weekly project meetings as appropriate.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to monthly virtual classes through Wellbeats and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Pay range for this role: $85,000- $105,000 with a 15% discretionary bonus